Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: lowered 4x4

My S-10 fleet is gone... s10blazed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lboongon123 View Post
    What's the point of Lowering the 4x4 Truck? It's better in High Profile. I mean. yes.. Low porfile 4x4 looks cool. but High Profile 4x4 gives better performance off road.
    Purely aesthetics. http://www.blazinlow.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76361

Registered User johnnymossville's Avatar
    True we lower them for looks and really, how many people go off-roading in a lowered Blazer. Mine is a DD no matter what the weather is like and with my job I'm on call 24/7-365. 4X4 will get me there any time of year. I joined the site around the first of the month and I didn't have my TrailBlazer yet but I knew what I wanted. Out of no where a few days later this black TrailBlazer appeared on Craigslist and I bought it the next day. I've had it two weeks today and the fun has already begun. New tail lights, removed all of the pinstripes and lettering, lowered it 3/4, and yes so far its been all for looks. LOL

Banned
    in my opinion i drive on roads, so now being lower i can go faster and be more stabil doing it.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

Mine is a 1985 S15 Jimmy 4x4... Converted to an AWD and has 3" Bell Tech keys up front with 3" Bell Tech springs out back and a 1" or 2" block in the back (cant remember now).

Quote Originally Posted by kwickez View Post
    had shop do it and brand new u joints :confused:
    what is the size of the adjuster bolts?maybe i can get a longer 1 for my drivers side to lift it a lil more.
    i have about enough room to put my hand flat on my front tire and the back of my hand touches my fender(belltech keys and adjuster all the way in)
    shops now saying my driveshaft must be to long and need to have it cut,does this sound right for a 2-3"drop?

Quote Originally Posted by 6d8muscle View Post
    Are there a lot of people who drop 4x4's? I would like the 4x4 aspect but the look of a lowered truck. Opinions? Pics? post them if you have one. I had a Trailblazer SS AWD and I loved it. I would like to lower a 2 door 4x4. Some people don't think a 4x4 should be lowered and I understand but we get snow around here and if I have to be out I need to be able to get around. Thanks for your input.
    I experience lowering my 4x4 . I suggest you should try it. :D

Banned
    a its a ford, and b, its not even lowered, why did you post it in this thread?

edit- die spammer.

U caught me after i just woke up u win this round.
    Last edited by Superbee; 08-31-2010 at 07:31 AM.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

i used belltech keys and drop shocks for the front and 2" blocks and a 3* shim in the rear and still have a humming/grinding noise that sounds like its coming from the front(at 50+mph) a shop just told me that my pass lwr ball oint is bad and both inner cv boots/joints are bad.wheels have just been balanced also.

question 1) will these keep going bad often?(only had drop 4 months and have had the noise issue since day 1)(drop is not huge)

question2)what is the best brand for these parts to go with?

question3)would any of the problems mentioned above be causing the noise?

Banned
    i doubt it. cv joints can operate and a pretty good angle, just replace them. and your ball joint.

pheeew good to know

Quote Originally Posted by Lboongon123 View Post
    What's the point of Lowering the 4x4 Truck? It's better in High Profile. I mean. yes.. Low porfile 4x4 looks cool. but High Profile 4x4 gives better performance off road.
    mines a AWD not a controlable 4x4 but the traction of AWD while being drop'd can be tons of fun and I don't get stuck in snow.

Registered User twistedwrenches's Avatar
    nice trucks everybody, i have a 94 4x4 ext cab 3" in the front and 3" blocks in the back but the end goal is to put hydraulics on it but having trouble mounting the cylinders in the front while keeping cvs in any sugggestions? any would be appreciated. had many 2 wheel drives but the 4x4 looks sooooo much cooler with the widestance lol, and is proving to be the hardest to figure out :huh:

Thats what I'm trying to figure out on my truck right now but I'm going with bags......with hydros tho have you thought about just mounting the lower point replacing the shock mount then build a bracket for the upper point, IDK just my 2 cents

yea that was my first thought too, nice and simple and clean but then i heard that you couldnt hard mount the cylinder? But i think i may go that way anyway. I also think in the back im just gonna go with a single leaf and the cylinder type of setup. what do you think?

and theres a black cyclone online some where basically sittin on the frame with bags, has a few pics of the front end that may help a little if the mounting is visible. Its worth a try if you havent seen it already