Thread: Clicking Noise

Clicking Noise

Ok, I have this horrible clicking noise coming from my passenger front tire. It goes away when i am going about 60+ but when i am going around 40 it is so horrible. I am thinking its my bearing in my Wheel Hub Assembly but I am not sure. Has any one else had this problem before? If you did, what was the issue? Can any one please help? Thanks

sounds like the cv shaft
    2009 ford fusion
    1997 bagged and body dropped suburban
    2003 yamaha road star warrior
    still got the 4 Door Love

does it get worse when you turn? hub assembly usually gets worse on turns and you get a humming noise. Clicking usually is the CV axle

Well its a humming noise when I am driving down the street. But when I drive really really slow like 5mpg it clicks. But it does not get worse when I turn. It has went away but I am sure it will come back again. The first few times it started I was driving about 45 or so and it just gets really load and I have to come to a complete stop for it to go away and right when I come to a complete stop, there is this jolt like something came unstuck and it goes away. But for the past few days it didnt go away at all till today.

now is the noise all the time or 4WD only and is the boots on the axles riped, hell what year is it lol

lol its a 98 as in my sig over here <-- and I did not see it being ripped when I looked last and its all the time. I dont use my 4wd.

Sounds like a bad hub bearing or possible a bad cv shaft.
    2000 Red Dime sitting low.and pretty.

yeah i was thinking hub bearing but i was not sure i wanted to see if any one else has had this issue or what not. Thanks for your help. Ill take a look at both of them when I get some time to be able to do it.