Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: plug problems...

No problem man. Thats what this is for.

IlluSive XpecTaionS l1ld3v1lrydr's Avatar
    that deff fixed my problem as far as the gas and idle issues, now the check engine light popped on 2 times today, gave me a code 22, 32 and 34... ill have to do some research and find out what they all mean. i know the 32 is something for the EGR valve.

EDIT:

22 - Throttle Position Sensor TPS or circuit voltage low - TPS voltage was under 0.2 volts for 4 seconds when the ignition was on.

32 - Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Circuit - EGR open command did not change the fuel mixture when the command was given during off idle operation. EGR opening should cause the mixture to be slightly richer because of the low oxygen content of exhaust gas.

34 - MAP sensor signal voltage low - MAP sensor signal voltage was too low (high vacuum) when engine speed was over 1200 RPM, or the throttle angle was above 21% when engine speed was over 1200 RPM.

could 22 and 34 be from when i turned the key on to check the injectors for leaks when the plenum was off and all the sensors unhooked?
    Last edited by l1ld3v1lrydr; 02-02-2010 at 04:33 PM.
    :tongue: w1shf00l th1nk1n' :boink:

4 door love... or... love-in the 4 door... :bigthumb:

yes most likely. I would erase the codes and see if/what comes back.

thats what i was thinking... doesnt help that my TPS is zip ties into the plenum! haha. i mustve cross threaded the screws for in it... and the last time i went to take it out to clean it, both screws busted off inside the holes. so i have nothing to screw it in with. but a zip tie did the job. and nothing was wrong with the other sensor..

whats the best way to erase them? just unhook the battery? and loose all my radio settings? lol

Are u using a scanner or a jumper? If youve got a scanner you can do it with that, if not all you can do is desconnect the battery for 10+ minutes, and yes loose all your radio settings lol. OBD1 sux

Quote Originally Posted by UnfinishedBusin View Post
    sorry fucktard, didn't see where he posted what year it was..... im not looking at it so I don't know, just assuming is all.... i'll let you "professionals" take care of it. and the next time someone from Louy comes down to OKC to get their car worked on, I'll let you know via PM ok? cause I don't think i have seen a Louy car out there, its a tow shop, not a dealership....

so now carry on... K? damn, try and offer .02 and ya'll jump shit like its the end of the world! damn i hate this site...
    HAHAHA your new to the interwebs huh? You say 6spds jumpin shit, but you jumped on a pile when you called out turner callin him numbnuts... So now that your on the other end of the fail you get butthurt? your the one who made the omg egr post, lead mechanic. fuckin tool

Notice example A
    DO YOUR HOMEWORK NUMBNUTS! YOUR OBD/CEL WILL TELL YOU IF YOU HAVE A CYLINDER RUNNING RICH OR LEAN... I'm the lead mechanic at our shop, I know what I'm talking about and seeing as how I just rolled a blazer out of the shop 2 days before I wrote on this thread, I'm sure I would know what I'm talking about... read up Charlie Brown - http://www.obd-codes.com/p0172 - that obd plug will tell you a hell of a lot more when you know what it is capable of doing. Just don't tell me it won't do something for you when it will!!

now, carry on with the updates on this thread please, just wanted to put someone in their place!

damn i hate this site...
    Hate this site? ok see ya, doors at the upper right corner of your screen. No one cares if you stay or go.
    Quote Originally Posted by bayhustle81 View Post
    can i add the vortec to this 4.3 if it didnt come with one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Superbee View Post

Quote Originally Posted by mrleprichaun View Post
    Are u using a scanner or a jumper? If youve got a scanner you can do it with that, if not all you can do is desconnect the battery for 10+ minutes, and yes loose all your radio settings lol. OBD1 sux
    or can just pull the ecm b fuse from under the dash. that will reset his computer and he wont loose his radio stations. :D

True, but not always the safest thing to do. Eather way

yea, im not using a scanner, just using a jumper.

which is the ECM B fuse? and why isnt that so safe to pull?

Didnt mean to scare you. I had a buddy pull one once and for some reason it arced enough to ruin the ecm. Its never happend to me but since then im always scared to pull one lol. Its on your fuse pannel under the dash

yea i know where the fuse panel is at lol, just wasnt sure which fuse it was i should pull.

It should be labled ecm. Im not sure but i think its a 15A?

aight, ill crawl under tomorrow and look... thanks again fellas! didnt mean to start so much drama haha... was just trying to fix my problems

lol no worries dude. theres one in every group... and your welcome

Quote Originally Posted by mrleprichaun View Post
    Didnt mean to scare you. I had a buddy pull one once and for some reason it arced enough to ruin the ecm. Its never happend to me but since then im always scared to pull one lol. Its on your fuse pannel under the dash
    the same thing could happen when you pull the battery cables as well.