Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 15x10's on rear

15x10's on rear

I've been reading through this forum, doing research, and measuring for about a week. I know there are threads with info. similar to what I"m asking but not exactly. Thats why I posted. I have a '92 2dr 2wd blazer lowered 2"/3". Im thinking about putting some 15x10 w/5.5"BS on the rear with some 295x50's(11.6"wide/26.7"tall) or maybe even some 26x12's(Mickey T's). I believe I"ll be safe with the 3" drop(correct me if Im wrong) but I'd like to eventually do a 5"/6"(Static with a S/D C notch). Will I rub the fenders? Should I go with 6"BS instead? Any input/advice would be appreciated. Prefferably from those with experience.

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    you are not going to get that wide of a tire under the fenders of a stock first gen. There just isnt enough room. With a 3 inch drop you will be fine. Ive got a six inch, maybe a little more in the rear and witha 235/70/15 it just nicks the tire. This is on a 15x7 with 4 inch back spacing. There just isnt enough room for all that tire

Your talking about stock size wheels/tires with a 28" tall tire. The combo I'm asking about is 1.34" shorter.

that doesnt matter. My tires are around 1 inch into the rear fenders, and they rub on large bumps just a hair on the inner fender lip. The combo your talking about may be shorter, but will still get the same suspension travel as mine, and will alot wider. From everything ive seen a 295/50 is about flush with the fenders. So any suspension setup that will get it low enough to contact, will contact

Ok, so if i do go ahead and get 6"BS instead of 5.5"(like others ive seen) It should solve that problem right?

i just went and measured, from the inner wheel well, which is even with the frame on blazers, to the edge on the inner fender lip on my truck is 11 3/8ths. My inner fender lip on the rear has been rolled a little to clear the tire so you might have a little less space on a stock truck. From the inner well to the very outer edge of the body is only 12 3/4s. So even if you took the entire inner lip off the quarter panel you would maybe be 11 3/4s clearance. Keep in mind tires expand when at speed and when hot so with that low of a drop and a 26 .7 inch tall tire your still going to get into the rubbing the quarter area even with a perfectly backspaced rim. Keep in mind also the inners on the rear arent square on the edges and are higher in the center then at the quarter panel so when taking turns or going over curbs at an angle you will get damn close

im pretty sure the tire will rub the leafs if you go with that deep of a back spacing. IM just saying a tire that wide wont fit with a six inch drop without rubbing. You could get away with a five maybe and some either stiff shocks or air shocks

I did all that measureing as well. With my stock (235x75x15)tires im 2 1/4" from the leafs at the closest point. With the fender rolled flat i have 5/8ths" clearance stock. With the combo Im looking at the tire will be 1 3/16ths" closer inside and 11/16ths" wider outside. Your right it will be extremely close with the 6" drop I'll only have about 1" of total clearance parked. Maybe when I do the drop I'll go to a 275x60, taller but it should tuck...

He's right dude.....I got 275/60/15 on a 15x7 rally with a 3" drop. even if I had another inch back spacing the side wall would still hit on the inner and outer well with a 6" drop. I already have rub marks on the inner well from body rock. To not sure if you noticed the outer well starts tapering inward about an inch above the lip. Your gonna have to allow for body rock for them not to scrub.
    Dale

85 S10 Blazer
    86 S15 Jimmy
    93 S10 Blazer
    99 S10 Blazer 4x4
    65 2-door Chevelle wagon

Yeah i notice the outer well. I thought about cutting that out and rolling the fender lip for clearance. I was hoping someone with wide wheels would respond to this. I pm'd zz4 but that was just this moring...

I have a 4" drop with 15x10 rims all the way around,but I run smaller tires
    If you can't do your custom work yourself then sell your ride.

What are your tire sizes. How much clearance do you have?

not much in front,but enough in the rear that I don't scrub,can't get the pics to work right now to show you

See if you can get your pics up. If not I can give you my email.

my tire size is 215/60/15
    give me you e-mail and I'll show you some pics.