Andrew

-88 s10 blazer (350)
    -94 s10 blazer, 4 door

crappy camera phone picture

Jason

93 4 Door Blazer
    93 GMC Typhoon
    Holy Rollerz Christian Car Club

Looks good man! I cannot wait for my kit to arrive! I am a little worried about clearance issues im sure to have. I have TIS 20s(20x8.5) on my 02 Jimmy. Tires are 255/45R20. My front tires stick out of the fenders a bit, and I have a little over 4" between the tire and fender lip right now. In the rear I have about 5" of clearance. I was planning on a 3/3 drop.

Im thinking the rear will be fine with a 3" drop, but the front not so much. Im thinking I will only be able to go about 2".

What do you guys think?
    2002 GMC Jimmy SLS 4WD 2dr:boink:

Badly Wants A Blazer Xtreme:jo:

www.UnUnited.com

Banned
    Nice, now you need to lower the front again 1 inch to get rid of the reverse rake. :D

ps- clean those poor front wheels ;)

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

yeah I still can't believe I got the wife to go for this in the first place so I am just going to drive it like it is for awhile and maybe get around to lowering the front a little more.

I was thinking of repainting my wheels and gun metal was one of the colors I thought about trying (if I didn't paint them a stock color). I think the dirty wheel gives me a little idea of what it would look like. I'm still undecided though
    Jason

93 4 Door Blazer
    93 GMC Typhoon

now that I think about it, perhaps a staggered wheel combination would level it out, perhaps a 17/18. I'm gonna have to do some more research to see what would fit and achieve the results I want
    Jason

93 4 Door Blazer
    93 GMC Typhoon

just ordered 2" blocks for the rear instead, that should fix my problem, well the reverse rake problem, I'm trying to get some free time to clean the blazer
    Jason

93 4 Door Blazer
    93 GMC Typhoon

little update:

got tired of looking at the old crusty drum brakes, so I decided to "fix" them until I go through with a rear disc brake conversion

before:

after:

took off the 3" blocks that I installed last weekend and put on 2" blocks to level it out and get rid of the squat

you may also notice that the blazer is clean :D
    Jason

93 4 Door Blazer
    93 GMC Typhoon

Banned
    :applaud:

Looks good :bigthumb:

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

Drop looks sick! Did you do anything with the bump stops? If not, do you find that it "bottoms out" at all?

www.UnUnited.com

thanks, I didn't do anything with the bump stops, and didn't have any problems when I was down 3" before
    Jason

93 4 Door Blazer
    93 GMC Typhoon

So my rear end is sittin on the bump stops with the 3" blocks in there. The way it sits right now is perfect(the height i mean). But the ride is bumpy as hell. Im thinking if I trim a rib off the bump stops its gunna lower it almost another inch, which I dont want. So I think i might be looking for 2" blocks instead.

www.UnUnited.com

Quote Originally Posted by UnUnited View Post
    So my rear end is sittin on the bump stops with the 3" blocks in there. The way it sits right now is perfect(the height i mean). But the ride is bumpy as hell. Im thinking if I trim a rib off the bump stops its gunna lower it almost another inch, which I dont want. So I think i might be looking for 2" blocks instead.
    Just put some real good shocks on it maybe some kyb monomax and your ride will be so much better, you might even remove the bump stops.

I have Belltech street performance shocks. I just finished cutting off 2 ribs from the bump stop. after one it was just clearing the axle plate. so I cut another off. It dropped the back end another 1/2-3/4". So I have to drop the front another 1/4" and it should be level again. But im gunna head home from work and see where it sits after its been drivin.

With my 20s on my fender height it about 30" all around. Looks soooo much better lowered. I will post pics for you guys to see in the next couple days. After I get it riding just right and spring comes back again(it snowed again.... I know, I bet your all suprised lol)

www.UnUnited.com