Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I tried the stupid chevy lean tricks

Banned

I tried the stupid chevy lean tricks

come to find out today i tested my leaf springs and the driver side leaf set lays flat at 986lbs and the pass. side at 1241lbs so after all the years of some of you people on here bein told to screw up ur whole chassis by addin spacers at one corner or another DON'T DO IT!!!! replace your springs with the proper spring rate for that corner as NO two corners of these trucks are the same and if you don't believe me then put your truck on 4 race car scales like i did!! :smoker:
    Last edited by sir chad; 02-28-2010 at 02:56 PM.

what the hells pds? you mean lbs.??? the abbreviation for pounds is l b s.

Glad you figured it out, wow pure genius. hope this thread gets closed too.
    Quote Originally Posted by bayhustle81 View Post
    can i add the vortec to this 4.3 if it didnt come with one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Superbee View Post

Quote Originally Posted by low86blazer View Post
    ...Glad you figured it out, wow pure genius. hope this thread gets closed too.

:evil:
    '88, half bagged, 4.3, auto, 241k, 18" IROCS, blah, blah, blah

This thread is almost as bad as the other one, but I'll ask:

For those of us who replaced coil springs AND leaf springs, and still have the CHEVY LEAN....what is your reaction to that? Could you provide any mathematical formulas for us?

hes working with torsion bars so a coil spacer is out of the equation.

ahh, well I still want some kind of math equation from him.

Quote Originally Posted by sir chad View Post
    come to find out today i tested my leaf springs and the driver side leaf set lays flat at 986pds and the pass. side at 1241pds so after all the years of some of you people on here bein told to screw up ur whole chassis by addin spacers at one corner or another DON'T DO IT!!!! replace your springs with the proper spring rate for that corner as NO two corners of these trucks are the same and if you don't believe me then put your truck on 4 race car scales like i did!! :smoker:
    So..... switch your leaf springs to the opposite sides. Apparently the weight distribution is off so you need to wear out the other side now.
    Jake

Typhoon:boink:
    Originally posted by lowblazin94
    Plus they can't arrest you or get a DUI while you have a boner.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HaVoC View Post
    So..... switch your leaf springs to the opposite sides. Apparently the weight distribution is off so you need to wear out the other side now.
    funny u say that cause i took out a complete leaf set up out of one of our old pinto mini stock cars and i now have it set up under the jimmy for my brother. and to the people with coils up front just because coils are new does not mean they are the right spring rate for that corner and as i said before EVERY corner of these trucks is different weight so to do it perfect you will need to put it on race scales and then get the springs with the proper rate for every corner! or you can just RIG it like everyone does but spacers are NOT the right way to do it but if you live close to fort wayne indiana i will put it on the scales and tell you what you need as far as spring rate and size for your application for FREE!!!!:smoker:

So I have the original stock leafs in the rear, with 3" lowering blocks, and 3" coils with 2" spindle and it doesnt lean at all. And all I did was order drop springs up front..........

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hdridinas2 View Post
    So I have the original stock leafs in the rear, with 3" lowering blocks, and 3" coils with 2" spindle and it doesnt lean at all. And all I did was order drop springs up front..........
    since these trucks are USED most of them have alot of chassis bind from bad bushings everywhere on the truck so your lucky but the weight at all four corners of these S trucks is still really different and WILL cause problems.:smoker:

i had no fing clue we were road racing are rigs and need to have just the rite spring rate....so your saying that belltech and all the other co's out there are just retarded? so i need to go out to a race shop and get my ride weighed and then order a special one off set of coils? sooo then why when i lower my blazer did mine not lean? and when you have a fat friend in the pass side will i have to change my spring then to? help me out here because i have lowed a lot of rides and never have had a issue.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by suncad03 View Post
    i had no fing clue we were road racing are rigs and need to have just the rite spring rate....so your saying that belltech and all the other co's out there are just retarded? so i need to go out to a race shop and get my ride weighed and then order a special one off set of coils? sooo then why when i lower my blazer did mine not lean? and when you have a fat friend in the pass side will i have to change my spring then to? help me out here because i have lowed a lot of rides and never have had a issue.
    WOW you have a real nice 4x4 check writer and your Ignorance shows in what you have to say so when you need something just go write ANOTHER check:finger: Think before u speak stupid!!!

Explain his ignorance their Jeff Gordan. Give some explainations all your doing is getting snippy because your theorys are bullshit. Explain how a reputual company has made millions of dollars with products millions of people use correctly, and with good results? Your giving no details on the products your using what kind of leafs, drop keys or stockers? brands? methods of install.

say what? "you have a real nice 4x4 check writer"

and who the fuck sad i write checks?