Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Project Bad4Door

Hopefully have the frame finished and painted and the body back on by droptout in october. Then gonna build the motor this winter. Not really in too much of a hurry. Want to make sure its done right so I never have to take the body off of it again because that was a pain in the ass haha. I want to at least be driving it/close to driving it by next summer. Paint and the interior will come last.

Very nice!!!! Can't wait to see the progress at dropt out....... Lookin foward to see the final result
    Drop,Drag,TuKnDuCeS

im loving it
    04 EC Silverado 4.8L,Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, K&N, Viper, ACT, USSpeedo, Matrix, Whelen, Blackbear, 22" Eagles, Nittos,Russel,Magnaflow
    85 S-15 2.5L/4spd, RF P1 subs, highs & T4004, JL 250/1, SD 4-link, AIM LCAs, 1/2 valves, Blazer interior, 17" Eagles w/BFGs, phantom grill, 140 amp alt

very nice... love seeing a full frame buildup... makes me wanna do mine
    '50 Chevy Styleline... aka Voodoo Sled... 4dr to become a 2dr... choptop to come... 5.3/4l60e to come... bagged and laid out to come...
    Build Thread

'88 Blazer... Dropped 6in.. suicide hood... suicide doors... handmade one-off phantom grill... shaved bumper... shaved cowl... shaved doorhandles... frenched license plate... 350/TH350....My Blaz Page Check out my Suicide Hood How-to Suicide Hood Pics

Im gonna stock floor mine......someday!
    My project thread 89 bagged 2door
    http://www.blazinlow.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68023

Wife's daily
    2002 chevy blazer 4 door 2wd ls

My daily
    2000 Gmc jimmy 2 door 5 speed

Thanks everyone. Stockfloor is the way to go. Its more work but I like having leg room. Should have some updates in the next week or two. We have been working on his Nissan instead of my truck cause he sold it.

Love the progress! I only see one thing that I think you may not like once your are driving and that's the 3 link. From what I can tell in the pics the instant center is set behind the axle which is going to cause a lot of squat/dive. From the looks of it the front mounts need to be closer together. It may be right the way it sits but from the 1 pic with the wishbone mounted to the center of the driveshaft loop it looks like the front mounts are further apart than the mounts on the axle which put the instant center behind the truck.
    2002 S10 Blazer 22's - currently undergoing a a major revamp!
    -->Project Full Feature<--
    http://noaffiliation.net/index.php?s...35fee061aa940b

Cool build. Definitely keep us updated.

Quote Originally Posted by flnole78 View Post
    Love the progress! I only see one thing that I think you may not like once your are driving and that's the 3 link. From what I can tell in the pics the instant center is set behind the axle which is going to cause a lot of squat/dive. From the looks of it the front mounts need to be closer together. It may be right the way it sits but from the 1 pic with the wishbone mounted to the center of the driveshaft loop it looks like the front mounts are further apart than the mounts on the axle which put the instant center behind the truck.
    I agree. The front mounts need to be closer together. I trial and error'd my truck like that, and with a similar set up to that, I had tons of pinion angle change, which is no bueno. I moved the bottom frame mounts up a little bit and the top down a little bit, and that fixed everything. very, very minimal pinion angle change and rides great.
    -You have 2 ears and one mouth, so u need to listen twice as much as u talk-

www.myspace.com/breakinnecksprez

http://www.streetsourcemag.com/im/vi...x?id=Blazed22s

http://members.cardomain.com/9chevblaze6

4 DOOR LOVE

Well we are in the process of redoing the top bars now so it won't have that much pinion angle change. Firewall tubs are done now to finish shaving the rest of it. Sold the lt1 and bought a 5.3 and looking for ls parts to throw on it now. I'll post pics when the link is finished

Got the link finished up. Should knock the rest of the frame out beginning of November. Here's a pic of the shop and the link

dope as faq!
    My project thread 89 bagged 2door
    http://www.blazinlow.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68023

Wife's daily
    2002 chevy blazer 4 door 2wd ls

My daily
    2000 Gmc jimmy 2 door 5 speed

Trail Blazer
    How much extra leg room does this give?

My hardbody is in the background!

Looks nice I like the rims.
    Nasty Lowz