Thread: 2wd Lift????

SHOVELHEADED KILL MACHINE

2wd Lift????

I'm looking to raise my 97 2wd 4 door and any help would be great! Right now it has a Belltech 3-4 drop (spindles, spring, blocks). What can I do to raise it and wheres the best (cheapest) place to buy the stuff. Thanks for any all help!!
    97 2wd 4 door Blazer-3-4 drop, Xwheels, M3 mirrors, etc..

you can put all stock stuff back on it to get it to stock height, then shackles for the rear with raise it more, for the front I'm not sure........we mostly like things low here
    http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/VortecBlazer/sidredo.jpg
    Tuned by Bland Tuning
    Transmission built by Transbuilderguy on FSC!
    Marine Intake swap by me

lift springs, lift spindles and upper control arms.

you can get about 5-6" of lift if i remember correctly.

Post lift

first you need stock spindals you could probly find on here if you ask in classifids or trade someone or sell yours to buy them then pull the blocks then 2''lift from http://www.rockymountainsusp.com/GM_S10_2wd.htm. Then 3'' body for like 100.00
    Last edited by natedogg; 03-07-2010 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 6SpeedBlazer View Post
    lift springs, lift spindles and upper control arms.

you can get about 5-6" of lift if i remember correctly.
    This. Don't bother getting stock spindles if your going to turn around and buy lift spindles. :cool:
    TRUCK WHORE '84 tahoe blazer, '89 blazer, '92 blazer 4dr, '93 s10, '93 GMC Typhoon, '94 blazer, '02 blazer xtreme, '03 s10 xcab, & now '91 4dr blazer
    http://noaffiliation.net/index.php?s...35fee061aa940b

I'm thinking 2" springs, 2" shackles, and a 2" body lift. Any ideas on what tire size I can run and what back spacing on the wheels? Thanks for any all help!

Quote Originally Posted by 97 4 door View Post
    I'm thinking 2" springs, 2" shackles, and a 2" body lift. Any ideas on what tire size I can run and what back spacing on the wheels? Thanks for any all help!
    This is all personal opinion, but I would stay away from a BL. These blazers show enough frame as it is. Anymore frame just makes them look real goofy. You can find 2" springs, 3" spindles, shackles (or helper bags & a block like I have on my fullsize). You could fit a 31" maybe a 33" tire with a little trimming.
    TRUCK WHORE '84 tahoe blazer, '89 blazer, '92 blazer 4dr, '93 s10, '93 GMC Typhoon, '94 blazer, '02 blazer xtreme, '03 s10 xcab, & now '91 4dr blazer
    http://noaffiliation.net/index.php?s...35fee061aa940b

Quote Originally Posted by oxsign View Post
    This is all personal opinion, but I would stay away from a BL. These blazers show enough frame as it is. Anymore frame just makes them look real goofy. You can find 2" springs, 3" spindles, shackles (or helper bags & a block like I have on my fullsize). You could fit a 31" maybe a 33" tire with a little trimming.
    Yeah, you are right. They do show enough frame already. Thanks for the advice I think I will stay away from the body lift. So with a 2" lift springs and 2" shackles I can run a 31" with no problem? what about my xwheels will they work? 31"x?? Sorry for all the questions but everything I've ever owned I lowered so this is all new to me. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by 97 4 door View Post
    Yeah, you are right. They do show enough frame already. Thanks for the advice I think I will stay away from the body lift. So with a 2" lift springs and 2" shackles I can run a 31" with no problem? what about my xwheels will they work? 31"x?? Sorry for all the questions but everything I've ever owned I lowered so this is all new to me. Thanks again.
    The resone why we all say body lift is you wanted cheap and body lifts are cheap but I think they show alot of frame to.