Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lay frame & keep back seat & front fenders

Lay frame & keep back seat & front fenders

Don't know much about baggin. I have a 91 blazer, I sit possible to lay frame and keep my back seat and all fenders with 18" rims?
    91 s10 blazer, with a 93 LT1, 5/4 drop on 20" Boss 338 rims.

Well, seeing as how you have no tires on your wheels it shouldn't be a problem.

Vamos Mantequilla!!! ProfessorKaos's Avatar
    You mean the inner fenders?

'93 bodied Std. Cab....Classick
    Midwestminis.net <- Go There!

Yes with an 18" wheel/tire you can lay frame, but you will have to remove your front inner fenders. You'll sit right on your rear inners when layed out though.
    TRUCK WHORE '84 tahoe blazer, '89 blazer, '92 blazer 4dr, '93 s10, '93 GMC Typhoon, '94 blazer, '02 blazer xtreme, '03 s10 xcab, & now '91 4dr blazer
    http://noaffiliation.net/index.php?s...35fee061aa940b

!! Built Not Bought !! bagme_85's Avatar
    if your wanting to lay frame in the rear and keep the seats your going to have to two link your blazer. prob gonna have to run a smaller back seat like a jeep seat. and prob gonna need to put some different rear fenders in.
    ***im back bitchez time to shine up the underside of some frames... asphalt style***

Quote Originally Posted by wagonmaster View Post
    Well, seeing as how you have no tires on your wheels it shouldn't be a problem.
    You know, these forums are for helping people. Not for you to let out your anger. Almost everyone of your responds are negative. IF you are angry about something and you want to talk. I'm all ears! Of course I meant 18" wheels and tires. Be cool :cool:

thank you all for your input!

Quote Originally Posted by bagme_85 View Post
    if your wanting to lay frame in the rear and keep the seats your going to have to two link your blazer. prob gonna have to run a smaller back seat like a jeep seat. and prob gonna need to put some different rear fenders in.
    This is not true. I have seen plenty of blazers laying frame on 22's that still have stock back seats and they are running 3 and 4 links.

You can lay frame and keep you're inner fenders on 18's with a small diameter tire. If I remember correctly the largest diameter you can lay and keep inners is a 24" outer diameter tire. The rear link setup will need to be well designed and built in order to keep the floor low and the seats in tact but it can def be done.
    2002 S10 Blazer 22's - currently undergoing a a major revamp!
    -->Project Full Feature<--
    http://noaffiliation.net/index.php?s...35fee061aa940b

So can I just slam the blazer, (not lay frame) and put in some kinda air ride system?

Quote Originally Posted by yawdie1 View Post
    You know, these forums are for helping people. Not for you to let out your anger. Almost everyone of your responds are negative. IF you are angry about something and you want to talk. I'm all ears! Of course I meant 18" wheels and tires. Be cool :cool:
    You missed my point.
    Tire size has alot to do with this. If you run little itty bitty tires it's easier to lay frame.

Quote Originally Posted by wagonmaster View Post
    You missed my point.
    Tire size has alot to do with this. If you run little itty bitty tires it's easier to lay frame.
    No I didn't miss your point. I know that tires play an important part in the lowering, ride quality, tucking them under fenders,, etc.. You could have just mention a wheel and tire size combo if you know or have done it before. But it's your sarcasm that catches my eye. When you respond to people you don't know with sarcasm, you come off as being very rude. a dick, an A-hole, a jerk, confrontational for no reason.... you know what I'm saying? OK now that's out in the open... Have you done anything to your blazer lately? Those Iroc wheels still looks great! Don't know what wheels to get!

But it's your sarcasm that catches my eye. When you respond to people you don't know with sarcasm, you come off as being very rude. a dick, an A-hole, a jerk, confrontational for no reason.... you know what I'm saying? OK now that's out in the open... Have you done anything to your blazer lately? Those Iroc wheels still looks great! Don't know what wheels to get!
    Yeah, I get that fairly often. It's just the way I am, so I'm not going to apologize.

The last thing I have done was replace the carpet....that turned into a two day adventure. I had to redo my seat brackets because I wasn't happy with them, and wound up fixing some other stuff at the same time. The old carpet was absolutely disgusting.

...you come off as being very rude. a dick, an A-hole, a jerk, confrontational for no reason...
    :rolleyes: Chillout.
    '88, half bagged, 4.3, auto, 241k, 18" IROCS, blah, blah, blah

!! Built Not Bought !! bagme_85's Avatar
    My bad though you said something about body dropin. a good guy to ask on her is guiltybydesign. ive gottin a lot of valuable info from him. and hes a great guy. look him up send him a message.
    ***im back bitchez time to shine up the underside of some frames... asphalt style***

Quote Originally Posted by Rapid Ron View Post
    :rolleyes: Chillout.
    I'm very chilled! I don't know you or anyone on these forums. I just expect a little common courtesy. That's all.