Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 45

Thread: Lay frame & keep back seat & front fenders

  1. #1
    1st Gen. blazer yawdie1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    69

    Lay frame & keep back seat & front fenders

    Don't know much about baggin. I have a 91 blazer, I sit possible to lay frame and keep my back seat and all fenders with 18" rims?
    91 s10 blazer, with a 93 LT1, 5/4 drop on 20" Boss 338 rims.

  2. #2
    Registered User wagonmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    469
    Well, seeing as how you have no tires on your wheels it shouldn't be a problem.

  3. #3
    Vamos Mantequilla!!! ProfessorKaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Fond du Lac, WI
    Posts
    1,043
    You mean the inner fenders?

    '93 bodied Std. Cab....Classick
    Midwestminis.net <- Go There!


  4. #4
    Lovin Life oxsign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    844
    Yes with an 18" wheel/tire you can lay frame, but you will have to remove your front inner fenders. You'll sit right on your rear inners when layed out though.
    TRUCK WHORE '84 tahoe blazer, '89 blazer, '92 blazer 4dr, '93 s10, '93 GMC Typhoon, '94 blazer, '02 blazer xtreme, '03 s10 xcab, & now '91 4dr blazer
    http://noaffiliation.net/index.php?s...35fee061aa940b

  5. #5
    !! Built Not Bought !! bagme_85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Warrenton Mo
    Posts
    773
    if your wanting to lay frame in the rear and keep the seats your going to have to two link your blazer. prob gonna have to run a smaller back seat like a jeep seat. and prob gonna need to put some different rear fenders in.
    ***im back bitchez time to shine up the underside of some frames... asphalt style***

  6. #6
    1st Gen. blazer yawdie1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by wagonmaster View Post
    Well, seeing as how you have no tires on your wheels it shouldn't be a problem.
    You know, these forums are for helping people. Not for you to let out your anger. Almost everyone of your responds are negative. IF you are angry about something and you want to talk. I'm all ears! Of course I meant 18" wheels and tires. Be cool :cool:
    91 s10 blazer, with a 93 LT1, 5/4 drop on 20" Boss 338 rims.

  7. #7
    1st Gen. blazer yawdie1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    69
    thank you all for your input!
    91 s10 blazer, with a 93 LT1, 5/4 drop on 20" Boss 338 rims.

  8. #8
    Registered User flnole78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Posts
    463
    Quote Originally Posted by bagme_85 View Post
    if your wanting to lay frame in the rear and keep the seats your going to have to two link your blazer. prob gonna have to run a smaller back seat like a jeep seat. and prob gonna need to put some different rear fenders in.
    This is not true. I have seen plenty of blazers laying frame on 22's that still have stock back seats and they are running 3 and 4 links.


    You can lay frame and keep you're inner fenders on 18's with a small diameter tire. If I remember correctly the largest diameter you can lay and keep inners is a 24" outer diameter tire. The rear link setup will need to be well designed and built in order to keep the floor low and the seats in tact but it can def be done.
    2002 S10 Blazer 22's - currently undergoing a a major revamp!
    -->Project Full Feature<--
    http://noaffiliation.net/index.php?s...35fee061aa940b

  9. #9
    1st Gen. blazer yawdie1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    69
    So can I just slam the blazer, (not lay frame) and put in some kinda air ride system?
    91 s10 blazer, with a 93 LT1, 5/4 drop on 20" Boss 338 rims.

  10. #10
    Registered User wagonmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    469
    Quote Originally Posted by yawdie1 View Post
    You know, these forums are for helping people. Not for you to let out your anger. Almost everyone of your responds are negative. IF you are angry about something and you want to talk. I'm all ears! Of course I meant 18" wheels and tires. Be cool :cool:
    You missed my point.
    Tire size has alot to do with this. If you run little itty bitty tires it's easier to lay frame.

  11. #11
    1st Gen. blazer yawdie1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by wagonmaster View Post
    You missed my point.
    Tire size has alot to do with this. If you run little itty bitty tires it's easier to lay frame.
    No I didn't miss your point. I know that tires play an important part in the lowering, ride quality, tucking them under fenders,, etc.. You could have just mention a wheel and tire size combo if you know or have done it before. But it's your sarcasm that catches my eye. When you respond to people you don't know with sarcasm, you come off as being very rude. a dick, an A-hole, a jerk, confrontational for no reason.... you know what I'm saying? OK now that's out in the open... Have you done anything to your blazer lately? Those Iroc wheels still looks great! Don't know what wheels to get!
    91 s10 blazer, with a 93 LT1, 5/4 drop on 20" Boss 338 rims.

  12. #12
    Registered User wagonmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    469
    Quote Originally Posted by yawdie1 View Post
    But it's your sarcasm that catches my eye. When you respond to people you don't know with sarcasm, you come off as being very rude. a dick, an A-hole, a jerk, confrontational for no reason.... you know what I'm saying? OK now that's out in the open... Have you done anything to your blazer lately? Those Iroc wheels still looks great! Don't know what wheels to get!
    Yeah, I get that fairly often. It's just the way I am, so I'm not going to apologize.

    The last thing I have done was replace the carpet....that turned into a two day adventure. I had to redo my seat brackets because I wasn't happy with them, and wound up fixing some other stuff at the same time. The old carpet was absolutely disgusting.

  13. #13
    Member 14 Rapid Ron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Overland Park, KS
    Posts
    723
    Quote Originally Posted by yawdie1 View Post
    ...you come off as being very rude. a dick, an A-hole, a jerk, confrontational for no reason...
    :rolleyes: Chillout.
    '88, half bagged, 4.3, auto, 241k, 18" IROCS, blah, blah, blah

  14. #14
    !! Built Not Bought !! bagme_85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Warrenton Mo
    Posts
    773
    My bad though you said something about body dropin. a good guy to ask on her is guiltybydesign. ive gottin a lot of valuable info from him. and hes a great guy. look him up send him a message.
    ***im back bitchez time to shine up the underside of some frames... asphalt style***

  15. #15
    1st Gen. blazer yawdie1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapid Ron View Post
    :rolleyes: Chillout.
    I'm very chilled! I don't know you or anyone on these forums. I just expect a little common courtesy. That's all.
    91 s10 blazer, with a 93 LT1, 5/4 drop on 20" Boss 338 rims.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •