Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lay frame & keep back seat & front fenders

Quote Originally Posted by wagonmaster View Post
    Yeah, I get that fairly often. It's just the way I am, so I'm not going to apologize.

The last thing I have done was replace the carpet....that turned into a two day adventure. I had to redo my seat brackets because I wasn't happy with them, and wound up fixing some other stuff at the same time. The old carpet was absolutely disgusting.
    Well, whatever turns your crankshaft guy..... Did you stay with the red carpet or did you go to black? I black carpet. Part of it looks new the other part looks old but still in good shape.
    91 s10 blazer, with a 93 LT1, 5/4 drop on 20" Boss 338 rims.

Quote Originally Posted by yawdie1 View Post
    Well, whatever turns your crankshaft guy..... Did you stay with the red carpet or did you go to black? I black carpet. Part of it looks new the other part looks old but still in good shape.
    It actually had black in it. I went with dark grey, it was just too dark an interior. The carpet kit is from LMC, but doesn't include the carpet on the back of the back seat, or the flap that covers the hole when the seat is down. But yet they included the carpet for the side panels. :confused: The headliner is light grey, the original was black too. The headliner is from LMC, and it's coming apart two years later. Tucson heat melts/rots/fades everything.

As stated above you CAN lay frame in the rear with an 18" tire/wheel combo. I did it in my blazer with a 25.5" tall tire. With a 6link (SD 4 link and 2 custom lift bars) I was able to keep my back seat and rear inners.
    TRUCK WHORE '84 tahoe blazer, '89 blazer, '92 blazer 4dr, '93 s10, '93 GMC Typhoon, '94 blazer, '02 blazer xtreme, '03 s10 xcab, & now '91 4dr blazer
    http://noaffiliation.net/index.php?s...35fee061aa940b

Quote Originally Posted by oxsign View Post
    As stated above you CAN lay frame in the rear with an 18" tire/wheel combo. I did it in my blazer with a 25.5" tall tire. With a 6link (SD 4 link and 2 custom lift bars) I was able to keep my back seat and rear inners.
    Ok, cool thanks. So you have all those trucks that you have listed? Damn you are worse than my cousin in Miami. I'm trying to get him to sell me his 88 c10 and he won't let it go. Anyway, thanks for the info. Did you do all the work yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by wagonmaster View Post
    It actually had black in it. I went with dark grey, it was just too dark an interior. The carpet kit is from LMC, but doesn't include the carpet on the back of the back seat, or the flap that covers the hole when the seat is down. But yet they included the carpet for the side panels. :confused: The headliner is light grey, the original was black too. The headliner is from LMC, and it's coming apart two years later. Tucson heat melts/rots/fades everything.
    I know about some heat. I'm from the south. Yes it destroys everything. LMC has alot of good, hard to find parts. Most of there parts are too expensive.

A buddy & I did the work.
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ign/The%204Dr/

I've have all at one time or another, lol. Some of them at one time.
    TRUCK WHORE '84 tahoe blazer, '89 blazer, '92 blazer 4dr, '93 s10, '93 GMC Typhoon, '94 blazer, '02 blazer xtreme, '03 s10 xcab, & now '91 4dr blazer
    http://noaffiliation.net/index.php?s...35fee061aa940b

laying frame on a blazer is kinda a weird subject, the frame is so much closer at the engine crossmember than in front of the rear tire. plus, laying frame stil has your pinch weld off the ground 6" :(

Vamos Mantequilla!!! ProfessorKaos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewH View Post
    laying frame on a blazer is kinda a weird subject, the frame is so much closer at the engine crossmember than in front of the rear tire. plus, laying frame stil has your pinch weld off the ground 6" :(

thats what body drops are for

'93 bodied Std. Cab....Classick
    Midwestminis.net <- Go There!

hey guys im new to this site but i was woundering if any of u know what i need to do to bag my 89 blazer but the worst part is that its a 4X4 but thats what i have to work with its hard to find a 2wheel drive blazer where i live.
    Thanks for the input

Quote Originally Posted by TW1STEDFATE View Post
    hey guys im new to this site but i was woundering if any of u know what i need to do to bag my 89 blazer but the worst part is that its a 4X4 but thats what i have to work with its hard to find a 2wheel drive blazer where i live.
    Thanks for the input

Didnt you already start a thread on this subject?

i layed my 91 4dr 2wd out on 18's tires sat on the inner fenders in the rear but didnt hurt anything. front inners were removed. so yes. and i was 4linked.
    1985 Chevy s-10 Blazer 4x4
    2000 Chevy s-10 LS Standard Cab

where in minnesota do you live, i just moved back to orlando from shakopee.
    99 gmc jimmy, bagged on 18/20s, 40X70 rag top, supercharged, fiberglassed system.
    4 door love

Trained Professional Buddies'Garage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oxsign View Post
    Mine lays w/ a 225/40/18 or if you're brave a 235/30/20!

What bout a 255/40/18? Mines being bagged right now, and I hope the tires won't get in the way.. There a little wide.

Quote Originally Posted by jlaudio9 View Post
    where in minnesota do you live, i just moved back to orlando from shakopee.
    Who me?..... I live in brooklyn park.