Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lay frame & keep back seat & front fenders

lay frame.

I just got my rims/tires!!!! But the douches still have my 2 rear caps. Anyway, This guy was telling that I can bag my blazer, with 20s without cutting up my blazer. Is that true
    91 s10 blazer, with a 93 LT1, 5/4 drop on 20" Boss 338 rims.

Quote Originally Posted by yawdie1 View Post
    I just got my rims/tires!!!! But the douches still have my 2 rear caps. Anyway, This guy was telling that I can bag my blazer, with 20s without cutting up my blazer. Is that true
    I'm not an expert but I don't see how that's possible. Maybe if you just use the wheels with no tires. :D
    Genius by birth, Slacker by choice.

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    you can bag it on whatever rim you want, however you wont be anywhere near laying frame without cutting the shit out of it on anything over about a 25 or so inch tall tire and expect to lay frame. The magic number for stock inner structure front and rear is right at or around 25 inches. blazer get a little more room b/c they sit higher on the frames. For the rear if you use a box tubing notch and dont over notch you can get away with a stock or fairly stock floor for the center but once again tire contacting the wheel wells will end up determining how low you go. But since most people on 20s run a 26.5 inch or taller tire, its a no go if you want to lay out.
    Last edited by supernova; 08-19-2010 at 06:08 PM.

Yeah that's what I thought. I would have to cut the crap out of the blazer. This guy was positive that there is a bolt-in kit out there. Well I just want a smoother ride. so I was thinking of putting in some bags/air shocks. what do you'll think?

theres not a bolt in kit. I think aim made one but it looked like trash and there is no way i would suggest it

You will lay out on 18s all day with a 40 series tire...You will have to link the rear.... front you can keep inner fenders you can just beat em up.....I've done it....Wasn't big enuff......

i lay on a 225/40/18 and i had to cut out the back seat. for my link and bags. see my thread for pics.
    Last edited by dragnblazer; 11-30-2010 at 01:28 AM.
    My project thread 89 bagged 2door
    http://www.blazinlow.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68023

Wife's daily
    2002 chevy blazer 4 door 2wd ls

My daily
    2000 Gmc jimmy 2 door 5 speed

have u put a back seat back in and if so what u do pics and do u run inner fenders dragnblazer

Quote Originally Posted by yawdie1 View Post
    I'm very chilled! I don't know you or anyone on these forums. I just expect a little common courtesy. That's all.
    just to let you know, most of us are "DICKS" on this forum........just how it is over here

but really we are a good bunch of guys and we give everyone a hard time....this forum is one that if you can't take smart ass comments you wont last long.......enjoy the stay....you will learn alot over here

nice looking blazer
    http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/VortecBlazer/sidredo.jpg
    Tuned by Bland Tuning
    Transmission built by Transbuilderguy on FSC!
    Marine Intake swap by me

Quote Originally Posted by blazin4low View Post
    just to let you know, most of us are "DICKS" on this forum........just how it is over here

but really we are a good bunch of guys and we give everyone a hard time....this forum is one that if you can't take smart ass comments you wont last long.......enjoy the stay....you will learn alot over here

nice looking blazer
    I get it. But you don't talk crap to someone u just met on the street do you? I'm all for having fun and talking crap. It's a guy thing. I just don't do it to people I don't know. I'm sure you'll are a bunch of good guys!

Thanks for the nice comment.:D

Trained Professional Buddies'Garage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddies'Garage View Post
    I am laying frame on 20"x8" billets with a 4.5" backspace. Tires are 235/30 Falkens. The front has upper & lower tubular control arms from http://www.suicidedoors.com with stock spindles. The bags are Airlift Dominators. The frame is notched for tierod clearance. Still have a stock engine bay.

The rear is much more involved. Most of the floorboard was cut out to retain the stock rear seat. It was reworked using some original metal & custom driveshaft hump & handmade fillers. Over the notch the floor is raised. The only work in the wheelhouses was to flatten the pinch welds.

The rear suspension is a one-off wishbone 3-link using Slam RE6s on the lower bars. There are custom x-members; one tying the upper bag mounts & another for the gas tank + shocks. All this work was done by Dave Bost before I bought it. There is a build thread somewhere on S10forum but I haven't found it yet.

A stock back seat is a ton of work. I know a guy from IL who used one from a Jeep Wrangler...
    Ben- Buddies' Garage

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f125/b...blazer-325121/

heres the build thread of your truck buddies'garage

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f125/b...blazer-325121/

heres the build thread of your truck buddies'garage
    Cool thanks for the link! Those guys did a good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Buddies'Garage View Post
    A stock back seat is a ton of work. I know a guy from IL who used one from a Jeep Wrangler...
    thanks for the info. Nice blazer!

Trained Professional Buddies'Garage's Avatar
    I guess it's just your avatar but I couldn't tell what your wheels were. Makes me miss my 2 door.
    Ben- Buddies' Garage