Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My 1988 Pro street S10

These truck is sic!! Nice build.
    Last edited by new guy; 03-22-2010 at 07:57 PM.

Yeah 400+ to the wheels it'll do mid 11's easy with slicks. How much longer to break it in?

GOT mine, GOT Yours? GotMy4Door's Avatar
    everything has less then 500 miles, every nut/bolt and part is brand new! let go of the steering wheel and she stays straight and tight!, and i def like the feel with the power steering removed. also the fenders were rolled out some, and my backs are rubbing slightly on the outside of the back tires when i hit a bump so i will have to push them out a tad from inside the back wheel well.

oh forgot to mention it has a 400w kicker/sub and 6x9 speaker system too :)
    Chicago Style!
    -
    GMC Typhoon love
    -

Gotta Love Stepshavers Sonomaguy's Avatar
    Sweet truck, sounds beautiful.
    2003 Sonoma Ext Cab, ZQ8 suspension package. Billet antenna. TYC taillights. LoRider tonneau. Sylvania Silverstars. K & N FIPK.

Quote Originally Posted by GotMy4Door View Post
    everything has less then 500 miles, every nut/bolt and part is brand new! let go of the steering wheel and she stays straight and tight!, and i def like the feel with the power steering removed. also the fenders were rolled out some, and my backs are rubbing slightly on the outside of the back tires when i hit a bump so i will have to push them out a tad from inside the back wheel well.

oh forgot to mention it has a 400w kicker/sub and 6x9 speaker system too :)
    I know your still braking in the motor but when you step on it how does it hook up? also what suspension do you have? are you run a 9" rear end?

will work for food! phatfarmer2's Avatar
    moved to first gen section.. unless you would like it some where else
    Grounded 4 Life
    "continuing where the factory left off"

Street Source page

Projects i've done

V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love

good luck at the track, motor specs sound well matched but i think that the arm chair dyno calculations are going to come up short for low to mid 11's.

compression is a hare low, cam is a little small, gearing is only 3.42s and the t350's first gear is only a 2.48, factory cast heads. still has an interior, a sub and added roll cage weight. makes for a nice ride on pump gas but these items all add up when going for 11's.

post up a video.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjsp View Post
    good luck at the track, motor specs sound well matched but i think that the arm chair dyno calculations are going to come up short for low to mid 11's.

compression is a hare low, cam is a little small, gearing is only 3.42s and the t350's first gear is only a 2.48, factory cast heads. still has an interior, a sub and added roll cage weight. makes for a nice ride on pump gas but these items all add up when going for 11's.

post up a video.
    couldn't agree more, what i think he was more referring to Probably is what the motor was capable of. maybe not specific to my particular truck. although i am not intending it to be just a track truck i think the setup will fit. i do like cruising and listening to the radio :) and of course a nice interior to boot!

P.S. he did mention that the motor was built for high RPM in mind, perhaps circle track?
    Chicago Style!
    -
    GMC Typhoon love
    -

If the cam is a Comp yeah its made to rev6-7000 rpm not necesarely a circle track cam. Whats the duration on the cam? What size valves? What size carb? How big are you primary tubes, collectors and exhaust pipe?...

Quote Originally Posted by GotMy4Door View Post
    couldn't agree more, what i think he was more referring to Probably is what the motor was capable of. maybe not specific to my particular truck. although i am not intending it to be just a track truck i think the setup will fit. i do like cruising and listening to the radio :) and of course a nice interior to boot!

P.S. he did mention that the motor was built for high RPM in mind, perhaps circle track?
    thanks for the mature attitude. its refreshing.

we need to define 'high' rpm, my fun motor is a riot but also runs a 7'' torque converter and stalls beyond most motors shift point

anything over 6000 is probably past the peak power of the cam, if the cam makes more power above 6000, then below, then your gear set, torque convertor and rear gears aren't going to match the cam, which i think is unlikely.

my guess is it will make great power from 3000 to 6000 and will match your set up and vehicle and intended use well. not a world beater but certainly something that most people better have their game on and not give you the jump.

post up the cam and carb model numbers if you want, its always interesting to see what is currently being used.

one thing to check is to look at the casting numbers of your ''cast'' heads if they are gm. there was a time before after market heads became so common, that rebuild companies were stuffing 2.02 and 1.6 valves in just about any casting, these special stainless valves even had over sized stems so they could just ream / oversize the valve guides to save on machining operations. the real issue on these is, although they have the big valves, the ports are too small to take advantage of a bigger cam.

i wish i new the specifics for the valves etc.. i will check for the casting numbers soon as i get time, and see if i can pry any other details from the guy who built the motor.
    Chicago Style!
    -
    GMC Typhoon love
    -

I know your still braking in the motor but when you step on it how does it hook up? also what suspension do you have? are you runny a 9" rear end?

The cam model or spec card is important if you want to make decisions and improvements. The other thing that is more important for your motor is knowing if your engine builder put it in straight up, retarded or advanced. Some chevy cranks came with a 4 degree offset which required an offset keyway to get the timing chain/ cam in straight up. I believe scat cranks are straight up.

FYI, Retarding the cam makes it pull higher and advancing the cam moves the powerband lower. So moving the cam around 2-4 degrees can compensate a little bit. 500 rpm

Many people/engine builders just line up the dots and let it rip as degree wheels confuse people.

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    do you know what they did to get away without running some type of spacer in the front. ON every pickup and first gen blazer the dust cap and part of the rotor where the bearing sits sticks out and doesnt allow the little center cap to go on.

Banned
    that rear tire/wheel looks sexy as hell on there.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4