Thread: BellTech Question

BellTech Question

I am plannin on ordering the BellTech Stage 1 3/3 drop for my Blaze. Will I be looking at a full 3" drop or will it be less? It comes with coils, shocks, and all the neccessary hardware. Gettin it from www.stylintrucks.com

It had better not come with coils for your 4wd truck.

Your 4X4 has torsion bars so you will need drop keys or try one of the few drop tricks for the 4X4s.

i meant springs I apologize. So I should just pick up the Drop Keys for the front and Drop Blocks for the rear end? I am only trying to do this once and I want to make sure I do it right. I was planning on gettin the Bell Tech Shocks or Gabriel High Jackers since they are air shocks and would allow me to fine tune my ride height.

If you want to do it right get the keys and the leafs.
    Sounds like you're on the right track.

Any idea on the cost of the leaves?

I did this and I think I got just under 3"s of Drop... I had a 95 GMC Sonoma 4Dr, 4WD... Using the Torsion Bar Index Keys on the front + Shorter Shocks...

I dug it, because I was pretty low, but still reatained the use of my 4WD, which was just for winter and getting up my driveway as we had a really big goofy uphill curvey driveway that damn near no one could get up with the least it of Snow...

Make sure to post Before and after Pics...

Also Measurements...

Take a Yard Stick and stand at each wheel (Flat Concrete) and measure at the wheel well lip before and after to see eactly what you get....

Do this before the Drop, right after the drop then again a few weeks later... some times it takes a bit for the new parts to settle in and they relax a little...
    2000 S-10 Blaza, Wit sum Ghosty Flames sittin on sum Dubbs

Also, there is a little bit of adjustability in the position of Keys...

From talking to the mechanic that did mine, You can adjust them (the keys) one way and get a bit of drop, the other a bit of raise...

You'll have to find the happy spot, to0 much either way and it'll ride like complete ass.... Just a heads up so if it come out feeling like a log truck...

Also, as always after a drop or a raise, you'll want an alignment... For some reason, I think there was a pan or cover or something on the back of the hub/Brakes that rubbed right after for some reason and he had to go back in and bang on something... :)

Good luck!!!
    2000 S-10 Blaza, Wit sum Ghosty Flames sittin on sum Dubbs