Thread: Belltech drop 4x4 $500 ???

Belltech drop 4x4 $500 ???

So I got my belltech 4x4 lowering kit ( torsion keys and leaf springs ) and I plan on putting them on this week. I've been calling my local auto repair shops today to get quotes on how much it would cost to install it and either they won't do it or the average price has been $500 + ... Sooo being on a budget I can't afford that price at all so I'm going to try to do it myself. I dont' have any experience with dropping and suspension but first time for everything eh ... I will be posting alot of pics / videos during the whole process. Any wisdom from you guys to help make the job easier would be greatly appreciated

damn low dragging 4x4
    If you don't have torches you had better find some and a sledge hammer to get the torsion bars to move to get the keys out.
    president: Lower Level Customs car and truck club
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/locoblazer269
    90 BLAZER 4.3 4x4 dropped 7" fully shaved with full size chevy tails, 98 Honda accord ground effect, 2 inch cowl hood, truxarossa grill and mirrors, metal flake and yellow flamed paint job, molded wing, too much to list( back under construction! new front end to come... out with the fiberglass back with the metal!)
    87 blazer: 2wd under construction

hey dude, for a minimal fee you could come over to my shop and use the hoist and do it the easy way. i live in nw g.r.(standale)

Quote Originally Posted by LowKeyblazer View Post
    hey dude, for a minimal fee you could come over to my shop and use the hoist and do it the easy way. i live in nw g.r.(standale)

Man .... thats like 45 minutes away from me ! So you own your own shop then ? Would I be able to borrow your tools ? How long could I work on it for ? How much money would you want ? Would you be willing to help me do it ? Ya there is now way I can pay $500 to have a shop do it so if your willing to help me out that would be sweet

its my personal shop, i'm really a builder. i can help you out, but no long term commitments. pm me and we can exchange contact info.

Lowkeyblazer thats cool of you to offer your help thats what this site is all about and thats what keeps me coming back as well as the great info.

I did the same drop on my old 87 with a 3lbs sledge hammer, jack and jackstands and basic hand tools in about 2 hours.

what happened to you, jimmylow?

Hey LKB ... I sent you a pm