Thread: 94 4wd... is this normal?

IlluSive XpecTaionS l1ld3v1lrydr's Avatar

94 4wd... is this normal?

ive been having loud knocking and clunking noises on my 4wd. coming from both sides, when i hit bumps. but it sounds like its coming from the middle of the vehicle, like its something with the torsion bars/keys. well i crawled under it finally today, to take a look. and this just doesnt look right to me. maybe some one can give me some more input.

the pass side is alot higher than the driver side. the exhaust is solid, but its tight against the top of the cross member (and no, thats not what my noise is coming from) and the mounts obviously look shot, but they dont even look like the same ones side to side. but like i said, im not sure how its suppose to look so maybe thats normal?

:tongue: w1shf00l th1nk1n' :boink:

4 door love... or... love-in the 4 door... :bigthumb:

dude

Quote Originally Posted by l1ld3v1lrydr View Post
    ive been having loud knocking and clunking noises on my 4wd. coming from both sides, when i hit bumps. but it sounds like its coming from the middle of the vehicle, like its something with the torsion bars/keys. well i crawled under it finally today, to take a look. and this just doesnt look right to me. maybe some one can give me some more input.

the pass side is alot higher than the driver side. the exhaust is solid, but its tight against the top of the cross member (and no, thats not what my noise is coming from) and the mounts obviously look shot, but they dont even look like the same ones side to side. but like i said, im not sure how its suppose to look so maybe thats normal?

Dude thats what i was tryin to tell you weeks ago. The mounts are bad but it is hard to tell becous the tortion bars have alot of tention on it. If you put a jack under it i bet you could jack one hole side rite up. its not conected any more when you turn into a drive way one wheel gose up the other down and it shifts side to side and up and down and makes loud clunck.
    Last edited by natedogg; 04-13-2010 at 07:34 PM.
    See you on the ground

Yeah I'm not sure if the mounts are suppose to bee the same or not but that one side is gone. Looks like that bushing is torn in half.

will work for food! phatfarmer2's Avatar
    you need to replace the torsion bar crossmember bushings...
    Grounded 4 Life
    "continuing where the factory left off"

Street Source page

Projects i've done

V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love

IlluSive XpecTaionS l1ld3v1lrydr's Avatar
    guess that would explain my clunking noise lol

i called the auto part store, one side is 28 bux and the other side is 29. and i guess theres a difference between to two? ones a little different the guy said.
    :tongue: w1shf00l th1nk1n' :boink:

4 door love... or... love-in the 4 door... :bigthumb: