Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best 4 link/bag setup on a 1st gen

So as some thinking got done, with the bags mounted on the upper parallel bars the bags would be mounted under the bars; correct?
    I'm having issues figuring out how it will mount and have clearance for an airline fitting with a bar running across top of the bag, or do regular brackets leave enough space for this?

I have that superlift kit on mine. When the bushings are new it rides exceptionally well, but now that they're worn out the ride sucks and the axle jumps around. I'm just waiting to finish the Typhoon so I can put it back in the garage and re-do the 4-link....

Exactly the problem that I'm trying to avoid by centering the bags on bars. As a last resort I will go with bag over axle to avoid these problems.

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    narrow the frame. If you have no need or want for a back seat, ditch the stock tank for a skinnier cell and narrow the frame about 3 inches per side right behind the front leaf spring perches

I don't have those skills or money for a new fuel cell. As it it, I feel like I'll be slightly stuck at the skillset of whoever I find with a welder to help me...

streetissuecustoms.com low_blazer's Avatar
    I dug up a couple old ass pics from right before I cut it all out and did the back half :)

Doug
    '85 Blazer...bagged, small-blocked, back-halfed and body dropped
    http://streetissuecustoms.com/salesban_3.jpg
    Street Issue Customs

For all your custom fiberglass, interior or stereo needs... Epicenter Designs

Originally posted by S/T Lover
    That post would have made more sense if you would have just pissed all over the screen and posted a screen shot of that.

streetissuecustoms.com low_blazer's Avatar
    and a couple more, even older, from right after I did the 4-link using the IAS blazer kit...

Doug
    '85 Blazer...bagged, small-blocked, back-halfed and body dropped
    http://streetissuecustoms.com/salesban_3.jpg
    Street Issue Customs

For all your custom fiberglass, interior or stereo needs... Epicenter Designs

Originally posted by S/T Lover
    That post would have made more sense if you would have just pissed all over the screen and posted a screen shot of that.

My Tape Deck Broke
    ok so from what I have gathered from useing the search function lol
    to keep it simple on a 4 door jimmy 18 inch wheel with a 40 series tire. run sleeved bags below and behind the rear axle. run the lower 4 link bars to the old spring mounts. not sure on the upper bars. triangulated I guess. would a wish bone be better? Mounting the shocks shouldn't be an issue. are there any tips or tricks you guys have for me? I did a s10 but the blazers seem to be a bit of a different beast. I would like to keep as much floor as possible so I can put a large speaker box in the back. Does any one have pics of the air tanks and valves under the cab some were?

my old 4 link

Honk if you love peace and quiet