Thread: I Hate Gremlins

I Hate Gremlins

back story.....2 years ago I started working on my truck lowering, general mess with it. I notice thump from my exhaust when I turn off my truck. It was not big but was there. It had no codes ran good. Did the tune up, and sea foam. Yes, it still did it(and no I didn't think it would fix it).
    Over the 2 years I talked to friends, dad,factory and other mechanics. I got back all kinds of things it could be. The valve timing, valve(burnt, bent, not seated, and bleed off). Cat as well. It even did it at idle, sometimes.

I'm going to stop here to see what people say.
    CONSTRUCTION SITE:
    MetalHealth's Site
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazin Low View Post
    April 12, 2007 - The day freedom of speech took a crap.

Gotta Love Stepshavers Sonomaguy's Avatar
    Exhaust clamp loose or broken motor mount and everything shifting when the torque of the motor stops?
    2003 Sonoma Ext Cab, ZQ8 suspension package. Billet antenna. TYC taillights. LoRider tonneau. Sylvania Silverstars. K & N FIPK.

thats what i was gonna say. but i re read his post and he said thump. not a rattle or anything so i didnt post. but my guess is something is loose
    My project thread 89 bagged 2door
    http://www.blazinlow.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68023

Wife's daily
    2002 chevy blazer 4 door 2wd ls

My daily
    2000 Gmc jimmy 2 door 5 speed

...next thing I did was change the cat. It seem the one thing that was in the exhaust and could build pressure to make a sound(when the truck was turned off.
    Nope, not it!.
    Then I thought egr. I did a search across the world for what an egr did and could it do the things it was doing to me. After a couple around and around the engine bay I still Didn't have a handle on what was going on. The sound doesn't like to play with others so to speak and not do the sound when i need it too.
    One day I remember to grab my creeper and jump under it for the sound. Thump it did it. It was louder than I thought it was. I grabbed the gremlin in a head lock took it down to the local shop. It turned out to be the sinkin' muffler, it wad a bad weld in it. I changed it out for a flowmaster 40. Not the sound I was looking for but hey.
    CONSTRUCTION SITE:
    MetalHealth's Site
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazin Low View Post
    April 12, 2007 - The day freedom of speech took a crap.

so what youre saying is that after you turned your truck off, that split second that the muffler starts to cool down it would make that ''thump sound"? wow, that is weird.... but glad you found out what it was.....
    ON D FLOOR- the best way to be!!!:cool: