Thread: lowest i can go without c noch in frame

lowest i can go without c noch in frame

i wanna drop and lvl it. but i dont wana mess with the frame. any sugguestions???

without any kinda notch at all 5 or at the most 6 inches is all you would want to drop the rear, because you dont want to be riding axle on frame, it sucks, lol...

maybe go 4in blocks and remove 1 leaf spring. I think thats how mine is and it rides good unles I have a real heavy load in it lol

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    a 5 inch drop sucks with no notch. The lowest id say you can go with no notch and still retain some decent ride quality is a 4 inch drop, and trim your bump stop down or remove the mount and get a small pancake style bumpstop bolted to the frame

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    a 5 inch drop sucks with no notch. The lowest id say you can go with no notch and still retain some decent ride quality is a 4 inch drop, and trim your bump stop down or remove the mount and get a small pancake style bumpstop bolted to the frame
    This.

And 4" blocks are gay. Use drop leafs instead. Way less stress on the suspension.

Id go 3" before the notch.
    04 EC Silverado 4.8L,Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, K&N, Viper, ACT, USSpeedo, Matrix, Whelen, Blackbear, 22" Eagles, Nittos,Russel,Magnaflow
    85 S-15 2.5L/4spd, RF P1 subs, highs & T4004, JL 250/1, SD 4-link, AIM LCAs, 1/2 valves, Blazer interior, 17" Eagles w/BFGs, phantom grill, 140 amp alt

Quote Originally Posted by Forklift View Post
    Id go 3" before the notch.
    x2
    My shocks are pretty much gone, but I had to cut the rubber bump stop(got about 1" left) with 3" blocks. Im putting an SD notch in soon to do a 5/6 drop.

that depends, are you bottoming the shocks or hitting the frame?
    04 EC Silverado 4.8L,Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, K&N, Viper, ACT, USSpeedo, Matrix, Whelen, Blackbear, 22" Eagles, Nittos,Russel,Magnaflow
    85 S-15 2.5L/4spd, RF P1 subs, highs & T4004, JL 250/1, SD 4-link, AIM LCAs, 1/2 valves, Blazer interior, 17" Eagles w/BFGs, phantom grill, 140 amp alt

How do you flip a key? They have a dimple for the adjustment bolt to go into...
    Sounds like you went too low and are bottomed on the suspension.

Banned
    your riding on the bumpstops all together it sounds like. you need to remove the bumpstops and the bumpstop mount.

im with forkift. 3 inches is good with the mount removed.

5 inches our practically gonna hit every bump, its not fun. you will be riding on them if you dont take it off..

bolt in frame notches arent hard at all to do, look into them!

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4