Thread: slight highway vibration

slight highway vibration

i just installed 3" belltech drop blocks and notice at 60+mph theres a slight vibration almost like i can feel the road,is this a normal feeling on a drop block?Its not a shaky harsh vibration but not sure if its common or not. any help is appreciated tyty

first double check and make triple-sure all of your bolts and nuts are tight...and everything is lined up correctly.....then check tire balance too..
    ON D FLOOR- the best way to be!!!:cool:

make sure you keep those U-Bolts tightened up. check them weekly for the first month or two, as they will stretch. Also, you're probably riding on your bump stops, and therefore have virtually no suspension travel. Either cut your factory ones, or get aftermarket low profile bump stops.

hows your pinion angle?

check your u-joint. it will give a slight vibration/growl/hum at speed.

Quote Originally Posted by buta's94 View Post
    hows your pinion angle?
    W3rd. Shims or angled blocks should help.
    '88, half bagged, 4.3, auto, 241k, 18" IROCS, blah, blah, blah

any1 know the * shim for a 3" block drop? and would it be better to just get angled blocks insteadm( does an angled block fix any angle issue)?what is the pinion angle is supposed to be?my shop said that it looked fine and theyve seen alot worse angle and had no vibration but every1 keeps saying its the pinion angle.:confused: :confused: :confused:

ok,so from everything ive read the pinion angle should be -3 to -5* angle.im going to setup an appt to get the angle checked.does any1 know the part number for the 3" angled block?i read its 6202 but when i look it up it doesnt say angled on it.

I don't think they are. If you have a local 4wd performance shop around they probably have 3" tapered blocks, and they'll be better quality than those lame extruded aluminum ones (like cast iron).

Quote Originally Posted by wagonmaster View Post
    I don't think they are. If you have a local 4wd performance shop around they probably have 3" tapered blocks, and they'll be better quality than those lame extruded aluminum ones (like cast iron).
    I would go with this too as I have had no luck finding 3" tappered blocks anywhere online for myself. I do find it odd that you would need tapered blocks with just a 3" drop though. According to Belltech I need a 3* block/shim with a 6" drop...
    Last edited by mrleprichaun; 05-13-2010 at 06:56 PM.

Exclamation

so,i went and put 3* shim in (shop said i was 3* off)and the vibration is a lot better but still noticeable,and with them Im bottoming out hard in the rear.(stock bumpstops are cut down)Im gunna grind the bumpstop brackets off soon.my new question is it seemed that with every inch it equals to 1* off,i think Im gunna put in a 2inch block cuz with the weight of me and passenger plus system Im thinking it will end up being a 3inch drop.so in essence 1 inch less will help bottoming out plus 1* less of an angle and i might be golden.any ideas or thoughts??????????????

Sounds like a good idea to me....

put in the 2" blocks,seems alittle better on vibration but still have it and the humming/vibration noise starting at 50 mph or so.(front belltech keys and drop shocks/back 2" blocks and a 3* shim would a belltech driveshaft alignment kit help? :confused: :(