Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chip for 4.3

Banned
    how much money can u spend?

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

why dont you start with some smaller less expensive upgrades. underdrive pulleys, change the tbi to a holley. install a cold air, new exhaust hell you can even do a cam for less than 400.

those will wake it up a bit befor you go putting chips in.

plug in power sucks. and will lead to other problems on completly stock tired engines.
    1985 Chevy s-10 Blazer 4x4
    2000 Chevy s-10 LS Standard Cab

Registered User blazen20spurple's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Superbee View Post
    how much money can u spend?
    400 for right now

Quote Originally Posted by u_aint_REDie View Post
    why dont you start with some smaller less expensive upgrades. underdrive pulleys, change the tbi to a holley. install a cold air, new exhaust hell you can even do a cam for less than 400.

those will wake it up a bit befor you go putting chips in.

plug in power sucks. and will lead to other problems on completly stock tired engines.
    man i hate to ask you this but you got any links that way i could check it out? and how much would a under drive pulley set help out
    95 4WD Blazer
    20" Limited wheels
    18" AQ Aub
    1500 watt Sundown

looking for a engine got one for sale hit me up

www.jegs.com

lol. underdrive pully's will only help a little. but if you add up a few things off that list you will notice a increase. the first few things i did on my 00 4.3. was exhaust, cold air with new maf sensor, and under drive. and it was noticeable.
    1985 Chevy s-10 Blazer 4x4
    2000 Chevy s-10 LS Standard Cab

maf sensor: do they make an aftermarket one and this week end im going to get is a dual electric cooling fan and get rid of that clutch fan
    Dual Electric fan
    and i thought about headers to
    95 4WD Blazer
    20" Limited wheels
    18" AQ Aub
    1500 watt Sundown

Banned
    MAF another waste of money.

Fans on the other hand are an EXCELLENT mod. May i reccomend getting a set of chrysler concord fans. they fit a 4.3 radiator PERFECT and flow enough air to cool v8's so your v6 will be plenty good.

Then get the adjustable thermostat from the parts store (hayden brand i belive) cost 25 bucks give or take.

Fans at the junkyard shouldnt cost more than 40 bucks. 80 new. They will mroe than likely work and last alot longer than those procomp ebay fans.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Smile

try a waitformeperformance tune. its good hp for cheap. its $75 to send your core in or $163 shipped for them to send you one already tuned
    87-90 octane will see 1-2 mpg and 15-20 hp
    91-93 octane will see 2-4 mpg and 20-30 hp
    they make the pcm alot smarter from stock
    basically no matter what octane you put in your computer will adjust to maximize hp and mpg
    he also has a programmer that has 3 stages programmed in for $363 shipped

Quote Originally Posted by cagerage View Post
    try a waitformeperformance tune. its good hp for cheap. its $75 to send your core in or $163 shipped for them to send you one already tuned
    87-90 octane will see 1-2 mpg and 15-20 hp
    91-93 octane will see 2-4 mpg and 20-30 hp
    they make the pcm alot smarter from stock
    basically no matter what octane you put in your computer will adjust to maximize hp and mpg
    he also has a programmer that has 3 stages programmed in for $363 shipped
    he has an obd1.5 setup which cannot be tune.

Quote Originally Posted by 6SpeedBlazer View Post
    he has an obd1.5 setup which cannot be tune.
    OBD 1.5 as in he has an EEProm? Is there any software out there for these trucks?

Banned
    best bang for your buck is a cam swap, but unfortunatly if you cant get a tune, a cam or any other hardware for your engine is worthless, unless you get a differnt year system or swap to a carb.

Honestly, do an exhaust. How many miles do you have on this?

From what I've seen, all the chips do is advance the timing. Whoop de do....

Quote Originally Posted by Superbee View Post
    MAF another waste of money.

Fans on the other hand are an EXCELLENT mod. May i reccomend getting a set of chrysler concord fans. they fit a 4.3 radiator PERFECT and flow enough air to cool v8's so your v6 will be plenty good.

Then get the adjustable thermostat from the parts store (hayden brand i belive) cost 25 bucks give or take.

Fans at the junkyard shouldnt cost more than 40 bucks. 80 new. They will mroe than likely work and last alot longer than those procomp ebay fans.

hey thanks for that info im going to get the concord fans and the pro comp fans not really that good? and is that adjustable thermostat easy to install? and how hard or how much money would i need to do a carb swap i know i would have to get a lower psi
    fuel pump and block off the return line right?(correct me if im wrong) and it would work with my 4l60e tranny right? im new to all this performance stuff i just want to do it right

Quote Originally Posted by wagonmaster View Post
    Honestly, do an exhaust. How many miles do you have on this?

From what I've seen, all the chips do is advance the timing. Whoop de do....
    well it had 137,000 when i bought it i gave 2800 for it and now it has 187,000 i drive it every day thats why i kicked up on the miles and ive had the blazer for about
    3 to 4 years now great truck imo
    95 4WD Blazer
    20" Limited wheels
    18" AQ Aub
    1500 watt Sundown

Quote Originally Posted by mrleprichaun View Post
    OBD 1.5 as in he has an EEProm? Is there any software out there for these trucks?
    no and no.

obd1.5 is an obdII style pcm with a custom coding that still works on an obdI system.

Banned
    yes its easy to instal, you stick a probe into one of the radiator fins, preferably in the lower right hand corner imo. Hook up the wires and then set it to come on at the temp you want.

Unfortunatly your tranny needs to be controlled by an ecm still. And without your engine inputs it cant properly do that. So you'd either have to get a stand alone controller or a non electric transmission, niether of which are cheap unfortunatly.

did you rip off the half moon on the throttle plate it helps a little bit i did it and noticed better throttle response in low rpms urs might not have it i dunno lol.