Thread: air ride in the winter?

air ride in the winter?

im new to this forum and i am also new to the whole air ride thing lol

but i have a question?

if i install air ride on my vehicle can it be driven in the winter at all without seriously damaging anything? as in lines or bags or compressors?
    98 2wd Blazer on 22's

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    air brake anti freeze in your tank (sold at most napa's and big rig stores, or can be found online) it will keep any moisture in your lines, valves and tank from freezing, and a good water trap will help also, but make sure to put a drop or two of antifreeze in the bowl of it so it wont freeze too. And after that if you have a good quality install winter shouldnt really be much of a problem. If your valves do ever freeze some hot water poured on them or a hair dryer will usually do the trick fairly quick. For me being in the south, if it gets below freezing for a few nights ill just leave my truck aired up so i dont have to worry about it being stuck on the ground

streetissuecustoms.com low_blazer's Avatar
    I've driven all my bagged rides in the winter with no issues at all....Like supernova said, if it gets really cold and freezing up is something you need to worry about, a little air brake anitfreeze works great...other than that, keep the trap empty and you'll be fine
    Doug
    '85 Blazer...bagged, small-blocked, back-halfed and body dropped
    http://streetissuecustoms.com/salesban_3.jpg
    Street Issue Customs

For all your custom fiberglass, interior or stereo needs... Epicenter Designs

Originally posted by S/T Lover
    That post would have made more sense if you would have just pissed all over the screen and posted a screen shot of that.

Ive had a few problems over the years. All of which were my fault. Like not using the air line antifreeze. And having my valve freeze. And Not having a water trap. All things that once I addressed never had problems again. If it gets cold for long periods having a wrench to add antifreeze to your tank and a can handy would be your friend. And I cant a propane torch handy by the garage door just in case. And lastly dont park in low areas that tend to flood lol. Otherwise like my your truck freezes to the ground in 5" of water. That wasnt fun at all.
    1985 Chevy s-10 Blazer 4x4
    2000 Chevy s-10 LS Standard Cab

oh ok thanx guys for the info i appreciate it alot
    98 2wd Blazer on 22's

Also remember semi's use air ride thru the winter. And air brakes... And the lines and fittings we use are air brake parts. At least the DOT approved stuff is.
    Larry
    www.innovativeairsuspension.com
    AirRide, KP, MIC, SMC, Parker, Viair... I sell all the good stuff.

oh ok i will keep these tips on mind thanx guys
    98 2wd Blazer on 22's