Thread: Frame Mount Brake Booster

Frame Mount Brake Booster

I just wanted to say Hi to everyone it's been a few years since I've been on this site. Anyways, I was wondering if any has ever mounted there brake booster on the frame instead of the firewall bc I am considering doing it if it is possible. I was just wondering if anyone knew if this is possible or not? Thank You.

i guess anything is possible. but that would be pretty damn hard and alot of work to get the angles right for the plunger. you are aware that the brake pedal goes right into the back of that booster right? lol. not being a dick. just seriously thats alot of work. why would you want to move it?
    1985 Chevy s-10 Blazer 4x4
    2000 Chevy s-10 LS Standard Cab

I have seen several street rod applications and some are universal, and would really clean up the engine compartment.

AL
    1983 S10 355/350
    1998 Blazer LT
    2000 Deville
    2000 Astro AWD
    1998 ZR2 Excab
    2002 S10 reg cab

i would just stay on the firewall but get a smaller setup. or go to manual brakes. they make some very nice setups thats take up a fraction of the firewall and look great. and a manual setup would take up less yet. but hey man if you know geometry and have the right tools. dive in id like to see what you come up with.
    1985 Chevy s-10 Blazer 4x4
    2000 Chevy s-10 LS Standard Cab

the frame mounted ones obviouslly use a pedal that goes through the floor instead of the firewall. The universal street rod ones look like they wouldn't be too bad to put in as long as you have enough room under there. I have seen a few mounted under the seat with linkage going back to it, and some had a resivor mounted in the trunk.
    AL
    1983 S10 355/350
    1998 Blazer LT
    2000 Deville
    2000 Astro AWD
    1998 ZR2 Excab
    2002 S10 reg cab

I think I am going to go with a universal one, I have found a few on a couple websites and it cleans up the engine compartment alot. Thanks for the imput

I can't remember the brand that we used, but most all pro street and pro mod cars have their boosters under the drivers legs with a access panel there as well.

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    if you want the booster and master off the firewall id look into an underdash unit. Kugel makes everything you need. There just isnt enough room really under a blazer to stuff all that crap. The frame is barely wide enough to snake an exhaust pipe past the trans right there let alone cram a 7 inch booster and master

http://www.kugelkomponents.com/produ...akesystem.html

I did that ^ on my buddys blazer and will be doing it on my own
    -Practice does not make perfect,
    Perfect practice makes perfect...