Thread: what size tires

what size tires

I am in the process of buying rims and tires. I will be buying 20x8.5 rims for the front. 245/35/20 tires.
    20x10 rims for the back. Not sure what size tires i need for the back. can i go any bigger than 265/35/20 without using spacers? help
    91 s10 blazer, with a 93 LT1, 5/4 drop on 20" Boss 338 rims.

Depends on the backspaceing of the wheel. You'll need 5.5-6" of backspaceing with a 10" wide wheel. you could probably fit up to a 305x30x20. Is it lowered? A 285 or 295 will tuck, Im not sure about the 305...

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    im not sure what your definition of tucking is, but a 295 will not fit under a stock body. It will clear somewhat if you roll the fender lip but you wont be able to get it in the fender well. I believe from inside to inside of the rear fenders is around 11 inches. But if your just static dropped it wont be an issue until you get to the 6 inch or so drop

Yeah its about 11.5" without rolling. rolling will give you about .5-1" depending. So yeah you right 295's probably wont tuck without issues.

yawdie1-It really all depends on how low you are and how much further you want to go. You would probably be safe with a 275 or 285. I wouldnt put a 265 on a 10" wide wheel.

if you stay with around a five inch drop you can keep a pretty damn wide tire and keep it under the body, just not in the fenderwell. If you can find some stock fender flares, which IMO look bad ass, you can keep the "tucked" look with out going to a skinnier rim/tire. They give you about another inch or so outward and hang down around a 1/2 to 3/4s of an inch

I have a 2/3 drop right now. But going to do a 4/4 drop as soon as I figure out rims and tires. It's not bagged.. So mrleprichaun you think that 265 on 10" wheels are a bad idea? Will the wheel stick out too much or something?

Thank you all for your help.

Yeah the the 10" wide wheel is the max for a 265 tire. The 265 is just 10.3" wide. It'll look funny/ almost stretched.
    With a 4/4 you could run a pretty wide tire and still keep it under the fender lip like supernova stated

yes to what he said lol

a 10 inch rim is pretty wide, and when you start getting into low pro tires you dont have as much room to run a skinnier tire. If your dead set on a 10 inch rim, get the widest tire you can, no since in running those monster rims and skimping on a tire. And with a 4/4 you shold be fine as far as width, and if they get a little close from a front to rear veiw for your liking, slap on some stock fender flares like i said

Thanks again guys! I just ordered my rims and tires. Hopefully they don't mess it up.
    I went with 275 for the back. I hope that they look ok or I'll be spending more money that i don't have.

yawdie1, do you have any pics of the rims and how to they fit with the 20x10's in the rear?

What backspacing do you have?
    this is a test of the sig

i second that, i never saw this thread responded too after my last post, and it looks pretty damn good from the avatar pic