Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP please....

HELP please....

Whats up guys, i havent been on in a while...mainly because my last blazer took a shit....but ive got a new one, so im back in action.......heres my problem....i just lowered my new blazer 5/4 with all belltech... spindles, coils, leafs, shocks and blocks, and the front drivers side sits 1 inch lower than the front passenger side, and the control arm is lying on the frame.....sooooo...did i screw something up??? the coils came with 1" spacers that i didnt use.....i just wanted to know should i just install the spacer on the drivers side, or did i put something in wrong?....its probably just the "chevy lean" but i wanted to make sure
    Last edited by DBLAZE; 06-22-2010 at 01:30 PM.

Coils in the pockets on the lower arm? How about switching coils from side to side? If it doesn't change, then I'd say it's the "Chevy lean". Put the spacer in on the drivers side, if so.

well took everything apart, and double checked....it was good so i went ahead, and put the spacer in....im all good now

Gotta love our trucks....lol.

....Not to hi jack your thread but.....I did a 4 drop in the front, got to looking at the back.
    I will need only a 2 in the back. Does the the chevy lean cover that as well.
    CONSTRUCTION SITE:
    MetalHealth's Site
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazin Low View Post
    April 12, 2007 - The day freedom of speech took a crap.

Seems to be more of a front thing....and not all trucks do it. Mine's off by about an 1/8th. Hell, new trucks are off by that much.

well i pulled out the tape measure, and im still a 1/2 inch lower on the drivers side with the spacer.....its bugging the hell out of me.....the lean cant be that bad a whole 1 1/2 inches, on the drivers side?????.....its not really noticeable looking at it, but i hate knowing that something isnt right on my truck....

Fuck it....i dont care....ill deal with it

Frame bent?

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    no, the chevy lean is pretty bad on some truck. Also make sure the coils are seated the same in the lower arm.

frame is good, and the coils, are in the same spot, and seated...........

I dunno then...something is whacked if you're that far off. Check the rear?

ok.....well i thought the passenger side was seated right but it wasnt....my roommate did the passenger side, and i did the drivers side, and on his side the coil wasnt in the upper control arm all the way....i fixed it, and put the 1" spacer in on that side as well.....but it still sits a half inch lower on the drivers side....should i take out that spacer, and see if it levels it out...or am i just too paranoid??????????? and should leave it alone, and accept that my truck leans a half an inch, now that i know everything is right

Well if you are half an inch off and you take away an inch spacer I think that you would be about half an inch off on the other side. Not sure if you have the means to cold cut your spacer or if its designed so that you can compensate for the lean be triming your space to level it out.

Hmmm....I'd try taking the spacer out, drive it for a couple hundred miles and then see where it settles.