Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bagging my 02 xtreme???

Exclamation Bagging my 02 xtreme???

Ok so i know there has been millions of questions about bagging and about a 1000 ways to bag a truck. but i really dont feel like searching through everything to find out.

so anyways i want to bag my blazer, i dont want to lay frame i just dont really care for that.but i also want it to be really low. i just want to bag my blazer for better ride quality and i want to be able to play a little bit with it, and also just to have a really low ride.

so if anyone can give me shops around ohio or what are the best setups for 2 gens for my preference. I really have no knowledge about bagging my blazer, just never really thought i wanted to, but now i do. so any tips or suggestions would be appreciated

thanks,
    illusionarycaraudio.com
    Team Livewire
    MrBigStuff.net
    -Columbus Ohio-

You'll most likely end up wanting to lay frame. The front is just like any S10. I would go with 2600 bags at least up front. The back I would do a 4 link. As for shops I live in Grove City and had mine done up in Michigan by PMA Motorsports. I would highly recommend them. Paul, the owner is a cool guy. He also came down and trailored mine up there, then trailored it back home!
    Laid out Blazer X!!! :D TwIzTeD iNtEnTiOns- Ohio
    http://s110.photobucket.com/albums/n102/GOTDUBZ/

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    i second PMA, didnt they also do the white second gen that is on here and s10forum?. But like said you will want to keep going lower, and your budget is another HUGE factor in bagging a blazer

True. Bagging a blazer, as far as labor, isn't cheap. If you lay it out and don't care to have the back seat it helps. PMA did some of the work on the back of the white blazer on 22's but Kevin also did a lot of the work himself.

I am new to this site really and you guys are talking about laying frame and i was just wondering what that meant...I know at some point i plan on bagging my blazer but i pretty much want something to be able to play with and so i can lower it also. My biggest ordeal is that i already do not have back sits because i have a very big system in my truck. Also, you were saying something about links and I was wondering what those were. Also if you bag your truck do you want to put lowering spindles on them.
    Live by your own means and do what you have to do to succeed...;)

Vamos Mantequilla!!! ProfessorKaos's Avatar
    layin frame = the frame laying on the ground when you let the air out for the bags. Front is no problem at all to do. But there is nothing made specifically for the rear like the 1000's of options for the s10. I plan on shipping mine out to RD Fabrication http://www.myspace.com/rdfabrication

'93 bodied Std. Cab....Classick
    Midwestminis.net <- Go There!

From what I understand, the front needs quite a bit of work if you're running 20's and up (firewall tubbing and such). The rear is more fab work, and the only thing you can really find made specifically for the rear is the crooked step notch from SuicideDoors. I'm in the process now of gathering the rest of my parts to lay frame on 20's. I'm taking mine to Afterhours Fabrication.

how much did you guys pay to take it to a shop.. thats what im prolly gonna do and just pay them to get everything and do it right...
    illusionarycaraudio.com
    Team Livewire
    MrBigStuff.net
    -Columbus Ohio-

I was told around $1700 for the rear, and another $1300 or so for the front, but nothings concrete as of now.

Price is going to depend on what all you want as far as parts, laying frame or not, if you want to keep heat, air or back seat, ext... I would say to lay out on 22's with your back seat at least 6k or more with parts and labor.

Vamos Mantequilla!!! ProfessorKaos's Avatar
    ive been quoted roughly 3gs to do rear for 22s and keep the back seat, plus tubbing the firewall and throwing in trailer fenders upfront. oh and redoing my tie rod notches.

'93 bodied Std. Cab....Classick
    Midwestminis.net <- Go There!

Yeah...Mine will be 20's all around, no back seat, firewall tubbing, keeping ac/heat, trailer fenders up front, tubs and notch cover in rear, 3 link, SD upper and lowers in front. But I had all my parts already, so I'm just paying about 3g's for labor. With parts, 5-6g's sounds about right.

well i don't get on the internet a lot any more. but baging a blazer in the rear is kinda a art ha ha, there are no kits and to keep the rear seat it's a PITA, i have done a hand fill now and have it down pretty good, i worked for a good friend that was talked above "paul at pma" i was just giveing him a hand like on eric's blazer..."yea i cut on your ride ha ha " and then we did mine. everything was done at my place but the frame, i took it to the shop for a weekend to use the frame jig. then i worked for him for a year when i was layed off. now i have moved to NC and am working on setting up a shop.

like everyone has sad the front is just like a s-10 and since the bodys sit higher on the frame you dont have top tub the fire wall as much, rear is a full out cut out and rebuild.

here is mine of 22's

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    If dave at afterhours will do it, and you can afford it, its in good hands there too. He has done countless builds, a lot of them are documented on s10forum.

houston-streets.com vortec owner's Avatar
    i want to bag my blazer also i was quoted at cutten customs at around 2500 for jus fb lay frame not an issue since i have kiddos i jus want something to show off with when i go to the local night meets here in houston