Thread: 20'' steel wheels?

BANG! BANG! VROOOOM! theKILLSHOT!'s Avatar

20'' steel wheels?

i have a 1992 s10 blazer 4x4 and have been wondering about putting 20s on it and im a cheep ass so i dont want to buy a set of new wheels and i dont want chrome on my truck at all i feel that its played out.... i was in the junkyard the other day and i found a dodge pickup with a 20" spair and have been wondering about putting a full set of theese on my blazer but i need to know what tires and adapters i need to make fitment i have a 2" lift in front and sitting stock out back and im still using stock size wheels but wouldnt mind going up a little bit in height

im thinking if i do get theese wheels i will paint them gloss black and have a small white pinstripe around the edge of the wheel and go with dome hubcaps and paint them gloss black also
    True memories are not set in stone
    Their sculpted from steel and covered with blo0d
    (mayhem)

I would check with advanced adapters and get the bolt pattern for the dodge rim that you want to use and see if they have an adapter that will convert it over to your trucks bolt pattern.

Dodge is a 5X5.5 lug pattern.....Of course your blazer is 5X4.75......You could get away with a 50 series tire....Hope that helps.......

Quote Originally Posted by bs63366 View Post
    I would check with advanced adapters and get the bolt pattern for the dodge rim that you want to use and see if they have an adapter that will convert it over to your trucks bolt pattern.

He stated that he is a cheap ass...a set of adapters would set him back almost the same amount as a set of 20's in the right bolt pattern.

Not really.... They are $50-60 a piece......

Quote Originally Posted by Tuknduces View Post
    Not really.... They are $50-60 a piece......
    Actually you can get billet adapters on ebay now for even cheaper than that. They run about a buck fifty or less for the front and rear now and most sellers are offering free shipping on them too. You can get them in just about any spacing and pattern you want. I bought mine for my Blazer that was just wrecked for under $150 in 2.0 and 3.0 and didn't pay anything for shipping. Rolled on them for a year and a half with no problems at all. Of course that was until the DUI driver hit the Blazer.. I think those adapters were the only thing on the Blazer that didn't bend during the accident.

Just do an ebay search and type in S10 wheel adapters..

which is why I said almost. You can get 20's now for as low as 200 to 300 a set.
    Even with buying the adapters, you have to double check how much they are going change the offset of the wheels...In some cases it may push them out too far and cause fitment issues

BANG! BANG! VROOOOM! theKILLSHOT!'s Avatar
    well i picked the rims up for $50 but im still waiting on getting a set of addapters and tires the wheels are pretty far down on the list cause it needs a hood windsheild fender floor pan and the engine needs to be gone threw and im going to rebuild the transfer case and both differentials

oh and its lifted so the wheels wont be getting into the body
    True memories are not set in stone
    Their sculpted from steel and covered with blo0d
    (mayhem)

Quote Originally Posted by Iced696 View Post
    Actually you can get billet adapters on ebay now for even cheaper than that. They run about a buck fifty or less for the front and rear now and most sellers are offering free shipping on them too. You can get them in just about any spacing and pattern you want. I bought mine for my Blazer that was just wrecked for under $150 in 2.0 and 3.0 and didn't pay anything for shipping. Rolled on them for a year and a half with no problems at all. Of course that was until the DUI driver hit the Blazer.. I think those adapters were the only thing on the Blazer that didn't bend during the accident.

Just do an ebay search and type in S10 wheel adapters..

There r way to many drunk drivers in las vegas
    My project thread 89 bagged 2door
    http://www.blazinlow.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68023

Wife's daily
    2002 chevy blazer 4 door 2wd ls

My daily
    2000 Gmc jimmy 2 door 5 speed

Quote Originally Posted by dragnblazer View Post
    There r way to many drunk drivers in las vegas
    You got that right..