Thread: 3 Blazers, all had the same problem

3 Blazers, all had the same problem

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum, and I figured I may as well dive in head first and try to get some advice. I've owned 3 two door 2wd Blazers since 2004. Every single one of them has sat 1-2 inches higher in the front than the back. Also, they sit 1-2 inches higher on the drivers side than the passengers side. Now before, I'd just cut my drop coils to get 5 inches of drop. This time, I bought spindles and 3 inch coils, but it still sat up too high in the front and uneven from one side to the next. The spindles gave me a true 2 inch drop, and I've bought 4 different sets of coils and got the same results from all of them, about 2 1/2 inches of drop. I need to get the front down another 2 inches so its atleast level with the rear, which has 3 inch drop leafs and one inch blocks. I'm just lost and looking for help. Thanks.
    My dream truck has been nothing short of a nightmare.

Aren't you on the bump stops in the front? I have 2" drop spindles and 2" drop springs, and I have about an inch of travel left. DJM makes some drop control arms, I believe...

Not quite. I had roughly an inch in travel on both sides before I removed the 2 inch tall bumpstops. Now I have roughly 3 inches of travel and bottom it out very rarely. And I kinda feel like an idiot for posting this without reading the thread posted right before mine. But I am curious, what the hell is a chevy lean and why do they lean?
    My dream truck has been nothing short of a nightmare.

For some reason alot of chevy trucks don't sit anywhere close to level, side to side wise.

Mine must be the oddball, because I'm only 1/8" off.

As to why, I don't think anyone really knows.

mine is a 1/4,

Mine sits the same on both sides up front, but 1/4 to 1/2 difference in the rear
    http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/VortecBlazer/sidredo.jpg
    Tuned by Bland Tuning
    Transmission built by Transbuilderguy on FSC!
    Marine Intake swap by me

if you've got a 1" difference, i'd say one of the spring aren't seated properly

i have about a 1/2 inch lean in the front, when i lower the back i will see how bad it is really

Ya well I found out while changing the rear shoes that I have a blown line to one of my airbags, and I have no idea where to get a new one

its called the chevy lean
    My project thread 89 bagged 2door
    http://www.blazinlow.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68023

Wife's daily
    2002 chevy blazer 4 door 2wd ls

My daily
    2000 Gmc jimmy 2 door 5 speed

Every s10 and blazer I've owned has leaned, its just s series thang. Most people will never notice unless you point it out to them. As long as its riding good and not making any popping noises, I wouldn't worry about it.
    2000 Red Dime sitting low.and pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by wagonmaster View Post
    As to why, I don't think anyone really knows.
    The two theories I've heard are:

The exhaust running close to the passenger side leaf spring, and repetitive heating and cooling during the life of the vehicle causes the leaf spring to weaken.

In S10's and 2nd Gen 4 door blazers, the gas tank is mounted on the side of the vehicle, throwing off balance and weight distribution.

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelPanic View Post
    The two theories I've heard are:

The exhaust running close to the passenger side leaf spring, and repetitive heating and cooling during the life of the vehicle causes the leaf spring to weaken.

In S10's and 2nd Gen 4 door blazers, the gas tank is mounted on the side of the vehicle, throwing off balance and weight distribution.
    I have always read that the spring pocket was deeper on the passenger side than the driver's side, hence why installing a coil spring isolator always straightened the truck.

Of course my 2wd 2dr blazer sits high in the back(factory rake) with a 2"/2" drop using spindles and 2" blocks.

I believe your getting it all wrong with your measurements though.

If you notice, the body line on our trucks is an optical illusion, if you measure between the body line and the fender well in the front and the same for the rear, you'd notice the front is alot shorter, causing the fender well to "look" higher.

Look into this though. Since the body line does apply to all 1st gen trucks.
    85' Jimmy 2Dr 2WD Blown 2.8L*Sold*
    88' S-10 2Dr 2WD Blown 2.5L *Sold*
    88' Jimmy 2Dr 2WD R Code 2.8L *Daily Project*
    89' Jimmy 2dr 2WD Z Code 4.3L TBI *Parts Truck*
    92' Jimmy 4Dr 2WD W Code 4.3L Vortec *Sold*

Quote Originally Posted by FeTTo View Post
    please tell me you just took your stupid pill before posting that :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

pick the ride height you want and make the rest of the truck match adjusting out the lean