Thread: Hood mods

Hood mods

I know there are people who keep track of what's going on. I've been reading through a lots of old threads, trying to get up to speed.

Pretty much decided to make the 2 door into an El Blamino. While bastardizing the back is bad, I figure I may as well do something odd up front as well.

Had an idea and searched to see who had done it already (nothing new, it's all been tried somewhere). Closest I could find was a thread about welding the front 6 inches or so of the hood to the fenders. This would allow running hoodless, but look like it should be like that. Didn't find any pics and don't know if it ever came to be.

Anyway, my idea was similar. The difference being there would be a tonneau over the 'new' p/u bed in the back. The obvious (to me) extension is a tonneau cover over the engine compartment.

By welding the front edge of the hood on, I could attache the tonneau to it, or even over it and in between the leading edge of the hood and the grill. Aluminum strips along the fenders would be side attachment points and you can run aluminum stringers crossways to hold the vinyl to shape. I figure with some heat reflective shiny stuff under itm the tonneau will handle the heat. Maybe make it so it can be rolled up and tied like a tent flap.

My brain hurts.............

So does mine.

could always try it an if it doesn"t work

replace the front clip
    http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/VortecBlazer/sidredo.jpg
    Tuned by Bland Tuning
    Transmission built by Transbuilderguy on FSC!
    Marine Intake swap by me

If the tonneau part throws you off, maybe a suicide hood with a replaceable centre insert.

One insert done as a solid piece and one done in mesh. Easily swapping the insert would change the look of the truck a lot.