Thread: Who's running 1.6 rockers ?

Registered User johnnymossville's Avatar

Who's running 1.6 rockers ?

Who is running 1.6 rockers and what brand are they. I am thinking of putting some in my 4.3 Vortec '99 Trailblazer but I am not sure what to run. Are these the self-aligning rockers that the Vortec V8s run? They don't have to be full rollers,I'd probably be happy running roller tip steel rockers. Anyway let me know if you would.
    1999 TrailBlazer: Black/Bravada woodgrain and tan leather int., 3/4 drop, hollow cat./2.5" Dynomax UltraFlo muffler and tailpipe - future mods: 5.7 Vortec V8, headers, CAI, AWD, wheels/tires
    '93 Caprice Wagon: warm 350/700r4, headers/Dynomax exh., 3.42 gears, 9C1 suspension, 7/8 Rally wheels with 255/275 BFGs
    '89 Silverado: built 350/700r4, headers/Dynomax exh., 4.10 gears, 8/10 truck Rally wheels with 10.5/12.5-33" BFG A/Ts

I'm running 1.6 RRs in my V8, you will need the self aligning rockers as far as I remember. I'm running crane cams gold aluminum full rollers

Whatever you do don't go cheap and buy Proforms.....seen too many break
    http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/VortecBlazer/sidredo.jpg
    Tuned by Bland Tuning
    Transmission built by Transbuilderguy on FSC!
    Marine Intake swap by me

Quote Originally Posted by johnnymossville View Post
    Who is running 1.6 rockers and what brand are they. I am thinking of putting some in my 4.3 Vortec '99 Trailblazer but I am not sure what to run. Are these the self-aligning rockers that the Vortec V8s run? They don't have to be full rollers,I'd probably be happy running roller tip steel rockers. Anyway let me know if you would.

you will see absolutely zero gains with a roller tip vs a conventional non roller tip (for the same ratio)

the majority of the friction comes from the fulcrum. that's why the newer 4.3's come with roller trunnion rockers.

with all that being said im running comp cam pro magnum 1.6 ratio full roller rockers on my 98 vortec 5.7L. they are a full bodied rocker and still fit under my stock steel valve covers.

on a 4.3 you will have to swap back to steel valve covers because the composite ones wont clear the poly locks.

I am running the comp cam pro magnum 1.6 ratio full roller rockers on my TBI 5.7 they fit under my polished aluminum short valve covers.
    I'm a black ninja motherfucker!

Registered User johnnymossville's Avatar
    Thanks for the response guys. I guess I'll be looking for some full rollers when I'm ready to install them. Thanks again!
    1999 TrailBlazer: Black/Bravada woodgrain and tan leather int., 3/4 drop, hollow cat./2.5" Dynomax UltraFlo muffler and tailpipe - future mods: 5.7 Vortec V8, headers, CAI, AWD, wheels/tires
    '93 Caprice Wagon: warm 350/700r4, headers/Dynomax exh., 3.42 gears, 9C1 suspension, 7/8 Rally wheels with 255/275 BFGs
    '89 Silverado: built 350/700r4, headers/Dynomax exh., 4.10 gears, 8/10 truck Rally wheels with 10.5/12.5-33" BFG A/Ts