Thread: Baggin a 98 blazer

Baggin a 98 blazer

I am so dumb when it comes to this stuff that I do not know which way to turn. So I am hoping that you vets can tell me what I can do. I have a 98 chevy blazer 2wd and I want to bag it and go as low as possible without having to cut anything. First off, I'm still paying for this truck and secondly, I compete in car audio competitions and have a wall in my truck so I need the space.
    I called airbagit.com and the guy told me that I would be able to go about 4 inch down and that is about it but then I would need to remove my leaf springs and to get a better ride and that I would lose the 3" lower blocks i put on the back and the 3 inch springs i put in the front. Then I called suicidedoor.com and the guy pointed me to this http://www.suicidedoors.com/air-mana...ement-kit-3-38
    saying that I was very limited in what I could do since I didn't want to cut into the frame. he also said that drop spindle would be a waste since i didn't want to cut into anything.
    If I can bag it and get it to the ground then great but if not then I want it as low as possible.
    Like I said I am new to all of this so please help...Yes I tried reading other stuff but some of the technical words went right over my head. I was raised by my mom and I got taught how to cook and not around cars...
    Live by your own means and do what you have to do to succeed...;)

Oh ya...I also have 20 inch rims on the truck...

Wow...no one can help me with this issue...I tried reading the fourm and looking at pictures and either they are to old that the pictures are gone or it doesn't go with what I am looking for...

will work for food! phatfarmer2's Avatar
    well to put bags in your gonna have to cut something no matter what.... spring pockets and what not... sounds like your best bet is a 5/7 drop if you dont already have that....
    Grounded 4 Life
    "continuing where the factory left off"

Street Source page

Projects i've done

V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love

If you go much lower even without bags you're gonna have to notch the frame above the rear axle, which requires cutting.
    98 4dr, 5/7 static drop, rollin on 20's

4 Door Love

My S-10 fleet is gone... s10blazed's Avatar
    Trying to bag it without cutting anything really defeats the point of bagging it. Like mentioned above - if you are really dead set in NOT cutting anything, DON'T bag it. Just lower it all the way down. It sounds like you just like the idea of air bags but don't have the knowledge to go along with it. Lower it and if you still want to bag it down the road wait until it's paid off and you can cut into it properly.