Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The time has come.

The time has come.

Well the time has finally come for a driveline swap in the blazer. my plans are to get a vortec 6.0 and use it stock for now with a built 700r4 behind it. i have been doing some reading around and have seen a few problems people have run into, and have a basic idea on some of the parts i will need. a couple questions i have tho are, i have seen lots of engine mounts but they all say 2wd, will they work on my 4wd? and i plan on just running the stock manifolds, will the stock manifolds fit or will i have to change out for some f body manifolds? as for engine managment im gonna get a setup up from current performance. o ya and i have no front diff so im not worried about clearence that way. thanks everyone, the more infromation the better :D

dont know what to tell you other than good luck!
    04 EC Silverado 4.8L,Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, K&N, Viper, ACT, USSpeedo, Matrix, Whelen, Blackbear, 22" Eagles, Nittos,Russel,Magnaflow
    85 S-15 2.5L/4spd, RF P1 subs, highs & T4004, JL 250/1, SD 4-link, AIM LCAs, 1/2 valves, Blazer interior, 17" Eagles w/BFGs, phantom grill, 140 amp alt

lol thanks, anyone got a little info for me :0

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    wheres superbee his truck is a former 4x, but its a older style v8. The lsx engines require somewhat different mounts, but most still use the 2.8 frame mounts on 2wd's so id assume its the same. I know there are a few guys on s10 forum with LSX based swaps in 4x

ya i was lookin around on there, found lots of good info, just wasnt 100% sure on the engine mount situation.

well i went to the auto parts store today and they only list 2wd ls swap mount also. so me and the guy looked up 2.8 and 4.3 mounts for a 2wd and 4x4 and they were the same numbers for a 2wd and 4x4. so.... doesnt that mean that the 2wd ls swap mounts will work on my 4x? lol

Like you said you will have to use f body mainfolds. I would think they would work. trans adapt is the mounts I'm using. are you planing on running the truck acessories? Psi conversion has a harness.

Quote Originally Posted by m8w6r77 View Post
    Like you said you will have to use f body mainfolds. I would think they would work. trans adapt is the mounts I'm using. are you planing on running the truck acessories? Psi conversion has a harness.
    ya i got my auto parts store lookin at the trans dapt mounts, cant see why they wont work. gonna run f body manifolds and as far as accessories go, in not to sure yet, the engine i get will come with all the accessories, just have to see what kinda space i got.

Quote Originally Posted by m8w6r77 View Post
    whats the price diffrence between the psi and current performance harness?
    Quote Originally Posted by bayhustle81 View Post
    can i add the vortec to this 4.3 if it didnt come with one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Superbee View Post

For a stand alone harness it was like $449. For the ls1. I haven't got to email them yet. To ask any questions. I will be running aftermarket gauge on mine anyways.

get the stock harness with the motor then make your own and save yourself 400 bucks.

took me all of 2 hours to mod my harnress to fit my 89

thats the plan i was just curious 450 is alot better than cpw's 700 dollar harness
    Quote Originally Posted by bayhustle81 View Post
    can i add the vortec to this 4.3 if it didnt come with one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Superbee View Post

Quote Originally Posted by low86blazer View Post
    thats the plan i was just curious 450 is alot better than cpw's 700 dollar harness
    ya 700 is a fair bit, gonna see how much the harness and computer is from the wrecker first, just ordered my mounts today, prolly get the engine around october ish. o ya, what year f body manifolds do i have to run again, i forgot. lol thanks

I'm not sure. I want to say. 98-99.

F body manifolds are definitely 98-99. All later years are cast while the first two are welded steel. Much easier to weld and modify the earlier ones. I made that mistake when I bought a set claiming to fit all years...

My plan is to also make my own harness. Hopefully I will have that sorted out in the next couple months since my goal for the project was the end of the year. The two 5.3s that I've picked up both came with near everything. One of them had some slight harness damage, but I have the schematics and end connector views to repair that if I need to.
    Black 'n Tanazer, Long Bed, Coupe Quattro, Old Caddy, Old Rice

Member of the SCUDS Task Force
    Spike Clean Up & Disposal Service