Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: questions for baggin a 1st gen

questions for baggin a 1st gen

Couple questions. Starting to research what I need to bag my 86 2wd. I was wondering for the rear, is it more reasonable to buy a link kit, or build one? I have 18's 245/45 tires. Can I keep the rear seat in the stock location?

Pics would be great of some ideas. I want to build a simple, reasonablly priced, setup that will be good for daily driving. And something that will not take me 3 weeks to put in, since its my daily.

these are the classic Blazer questions
    Do the compressor, valves, line runs and stuff like that first, then the front, the rear might take a tad longer and more research. Keeping the seat can be a hard thing to do
    04 EC Silverado 4.8L,Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, K&N, Viper, ACT, USSpeedo, Matrix, Whelen, Blackbear, 22" Eagles, Nittos,Russel,Magnaflow
    85 S-15 2.5L/4spd, RF P1 subs, highs & T4004, JL 250/1, SD 4-link, AIM LCAs, 1/2 valves, Blazer interior, 17" Eagles w/BFGs, phantom grill, 140 amp alt

streetissuecustoms.com low_blazer's Avatar
    Forklift is right...if you're planning on trying to keep it as a daily, and do it in stages, do all your air managment stuff first, then knock out the front. The rear is a pain, and if it's your first bag job, will definately take longer than you think..lol. Keeping the back seat is do-able with that tire size, it will just take some work.

Nobody makes a link kit for the blazers any more, so that's pretty much all on you. I can point you in the right direction, I've got a couple under my collar.

Just be prepared for it to take a little longer than you expect...and make sure you have a ride to work when you start doing the rear :)
    Doug
    '85 Blazer...bagged, small-blocked, back-halfed and body dropped
    http://streetissuecustoms.com/salesban_3.jpg
    Street Issue Customs

For all your custom fiberglass, interior or stereo needs... Epicenter Designs

Originally posted by S/T Lover
    That post would have made more sense if you would have just pissed all over the screen and posted a screen shot of that.

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    woo, pretty excited that i got one of the last IAS weld ons lol. But to help keep the rear seat your going to want to stay away from the bolt on diff brackets. They come up way high into the cargo area. There are a good bit of build threads on s10forum with blazers. Most are second gens but the general idea is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    ...i got one of the last IAS weld ons...
    Sad indeed :(

Just when I finally had the bucks to buy one :ohno:
    '88, half bagged, 4.3, auto, 241k, 18" IROCS, blah, blah, blah

i bought mine from the member Typhoon on here, and had an issue with the lower bars and larry made me a new set. Im sure for a price he would make one

What about the kits from like Suicide Doors. The weld on 4 links they have.

Need more pics of the setup.
    Did he make the notch, seems big?

Looks good :bigthumb:
    '88, half bagged, 4.3, auto, 241k, 18" IROCS, blah, blah, blah

I will for sure get more pics when I get it back in a few days! And, no its a SD weld on notch, I picked up from mautofied.

yes please do make with the pics :)

Quote Originally Posted by blazerman5000 View Post
    edit, and gas tank is on the ground right now, gonna have to fix that ... haha
    That'll fix itself once you bag the front.
    TRUCK WHORE '84 tahoe blazer, '89 blazer, '92 blazer 4dr, '93 s10, '93 GMC Typhoon, '94 blazer, '02 blazer xtreme, '03 s10 xcab, & now '91 4dr blazer
    http://noaffiliation.net/index.php?s...35fee061aa940b

Has anyone every tried the bolt on 4 link from candospecialties.com? Ive had a buddy who used one of there bolt on 4 links from his s10 and he liked it. I talked to Steve from cando and he sent me pics of it installed and it looked like its pretty nice, im thinking about using that for my 4 link but i just wanted to get some opinons about it first. Its only 600, thats not too much more then a SD universal.
    GettinLaid

WireNut on here has a bagged 2dr 1st gen that uses the CandoSpecialties setup. Hit him up, his truck is the one in the pictures that Steve sent you.
    85' Jimmy 2Dr 2WD Blown 2.8L*Sold*
    88' S-10 2Dr 2WD Blown 2.5L *Sold*
    88' Jimmy 2Dr 2WD R Code 2.8L *Daily Project*
    89' Jimmy 2dr 2WD Z Code 4.3L TBI *Parts Truck*
    92' Jimmy 4Dr 2WD W Code 4.3L Vortec *Sold*

Quote Originally Posted by FeTTo View Post
    please tell me you just took your stupid pill before posting that :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I thought Cando stopped making those
    04 EC Silverado 4.8L,Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, K&N, Viper, ACT, USSpeedo, Matrix, Whelen, Blackbear, 22" Eagles, Nittos,Russel,Magnaflow
    85 S-15 2.5L/4spd, RF P1 subs, highs & T4004, JL 250/1, SD 4-link, AIM LCAs, 1/2 valves, Blazer interior, 17" Eagles w/BFGs, phantom grill, 140 amp alt

Yeah, def would like more pics of that setup. I wasn't talking about bolt-on or weld-on kits specific for a Blazer. I was talking about the basic 4 link kits that just about every advertiser in Mini-Truckin.

Oh, and I will have another vehicle for a daily when I start this. Trying to buy a Ford Bronco right now off a guy for 400. Seems to be my favorite price cause my Blazer was 400, and I have bought 2 other cars since and paid that. Sold all cept the blazer for about 1000 though;)