Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5.3 swap in an 89 2wd

spoonman31

Cool 5.3 swap in an 89 2wd

hey guys ive been readin threads for a while but havnt seen two many ?'s on my topic. first ive had a few s10 blazers with v8s (one ran mid 12s withtwo baby seats in the back) so ive been dyin to own another again. i found a good doner and have the 5.3 and most of the stuff for this project but i plan on having a/c and was told that i will need to notch the frame to do so i would like to not have to notch the frame so please share

Thats the story I've heard also, not sure any other way unless you move the A/C using custom brackets. Interested in a more update engine myself, if I find out otherwise, will keep you up to date.
    Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Edgar Allan Poe

will work for food! phatfarmer2's Avatar
    march pulleys, billet specialties, and s&p make kits that relocate everything up higher... including a/c
    Grounded 4 Life
    "continuing where the factory left off"

Street Source page

Projects i've done

V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love

will work for food! phatfarmer2's Avatar
    if your gonna do the swap, do your self a favor and buy the book called "how to swap Gm ls-series engines into almost anything" best book with a lot of good info in it.. i own a copy and its a great book to have.
    Grounded 4 Life
    "continuing where the factory left off"

Street Source page

Projects i've done

V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love

Banned
    hey, have i possibly seen anything you drive? i live in emporia but make it to topeka some saturdays.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________
    1989 s10 blazer 355, 650dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortec heads, built 700r4, 8.8 3:73ls, qtp cutouts

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f213/p...x-swap-283608/

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f213/s...10/index3.html

read those two threads, im putting a 6.0 in my 89 this winter, those two threads are in second gens but alot of the stuff is the same, has most of the little things you will need. also has different a/c setup options for you to put the a/c up top. very good info there.

Quote Originally Posted by phatfarmer2 View Post
    if your gonna do the swap, do your self a favor and buy the book called "how to swap Gm ls-series engines into almost anything" best book with a lot of good info in it.. i own a copy and its a great book to have.
    I see a future post in your build thread

I better see a swap thread with a shit load of pictures this winter
    http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/VortecBlazer/sidredo.jpg
    Tuned by Bland Tuning
    Transmission built by Transbuilderguy on FSC!
    Marine Intake swap by me

lol, i usually meen to take lots of pictures when i do stuff.... but then i get into it and forget, ill do my best tho! lol should be gettin the engine in a month or so.

Also from what I hear the tbss a/c compressor is smaller and might fit w/o notching. Like everyone else said relocate to the top.

spoonman31

5.3 info

you guys are good and full of good tips. oh yeah i have the metallic grey over marroon 2dr 2wd in topeka. i bought it for a stock driver but the 5.3s r so damn cheap. of course i work for a salvage yard so the parts are a little more available. hell some of them get thrown away. i'd get fired if you knew what gave for the engine and the wiring harness off the 98 firebird was gonna be tossed the computer is going to cost more than the engine did. ill keep you up to date

spoonman31
    how do put pics on here?

Banned
    First go to http://www.photobucket.com and create an account, it's easy.

1. When your account is confirmed, type your name and password and log in.

2. Photobucket has a nice login screen, shown here.

3. To get started, click the browse button.

4. Find the picture(s) you would like to upload from your hard drive. Then click the Upload button below.

5. Photobucket will show you the process of your upload.

6. Once the photo is uploaded you will find it below in your album. Click the link called "IMG Code" just once and it will automatically copy to your clipboard.

7. Now that the link is copied, go back to your thread post screen and right-click and go to Paste.

8. The IMG link now shows correctly in your window.

9. Before posting, it is always a good idea to PREVIEW your post, to make sure everything works.

10. Shown below is the coding and actual image used in the explanation.

Code:

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

You need to write a book, "Posting pics for Dummy's". Very complete instructions for beginners.
    Genius by birth, Slacker by choice.

:confused:"Posting pics for Dummy's".

Quote Originally Posted by smsmith36 View Post
    You need to write a book, "Posting pics for Dummies". Very complete instructions for beginners.
    fixed it for ya