Thread: 2 link

2 link

ive been playin round wit the ideal of baggin my blazer.. i would like yalls input on a 2 link setup on a balzer.. ive been talkin 2 a friend of a friend and he keeps tellin me that it a good setup. but idk cause i c alot of ppl 4linkin them and havin 2 cut the back floor out and rising it. i dont want 2 get n2 all of that..

if you just wan't to go up and down then a 2-link would be sufficent, but you will need a panhard bar or maybe a watts link to keep everything alligned correctly.

streetissuecustoms.com low_blazer's Avatar
    Even if all you want to do is go up and down, they're not sufficient. They allow for no articiulation at all, which is terrible for daily driving (don't confuse articulation with "hitting sides"). Having proper rear wheel articulation is important for things like turning, hitting potholes...normal driving situations...to keep all 4 wheels on the road. If the suspension isn't alowed to cycle properly, and have the wheels move up and down at least somewhat independantly, all those stresses have to go somewhere, and you end up breaking things. The flex that would normaly be taken up by proper suspension design ends up finding other places to relieve stresses. I've seen, and uninstalled, 2-links that have torn axle housings, destroyed u-bolts and murdered bushing.....

If you're planning on going straight alot, or building a trailer queen, 2-links are awesome...

In the event that you do build a 2-link, build the bars as long as humanly possible to help minimize pinion angle change, and give the setup at least a little flex....you'll need it
    Doug
    '85 Blazer...bagged, small-blocked, back-halfed and body dropped
    http://streetissuecustoms.com/salesban_3.jpg
    Street Issue Customs

For all your custom fiberglass, interior or stereo needs... Epicenter Designs

Originally posted by S/T Lover
    That post would have made more sense if you would have just pissed all over the screen and posted a screen shot of that.

thanx yall 4 the input. guess i have alot 2 think bout b4 i go and do it

A very disputed discussion. Do some searching around the forums with that key word. My next blazer will more than likely be a 2link.
    TRUCK WHORE '84 tahoe blazer, '89 blazer, '92 blazer 4dr, '93 s10, '93 GMC Typhoon, '94 blazer, '02 blazer xtreme, '03 s10 xcab, & now '91 4dr blazer
    http://noaffiliation.net/index.php?s...35fee061aa940b

I have a 2 link im my daily driven 7000lb blazer, it WORKS, but its not the best by any means.

I personally couldnt fit a 4 link, or afford/fit a canti setup, so 2 link was the option we chose.

I had one installed, and i went thru 2 diffs(poorly installed) in about 5 months, had it redone, by someone who actually knows what there doing, and have not had a single problem since.

I eat alot of u joints in the truck, but its hard to say if its because the truck weighs around 7000lbs, or if its cuz of pinion angle issues...no idea.

Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents
    Mat

Team Asshole SPL
    www.teamassholespl.com

Still Playin Low Car & Truck Club
    www.stillplayinlow.com