Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: toxic shocks raised me 1/2"

toxic shocks raised me 1/2"

Has anyone else used toxic shocks with a 5/5 drop on an extreme? I ran factory bilsteins for a while and it rode like crap. So i went with toxics and it seemed to bring me up in the front. I thought i had the lowest ones as possible. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this. Thought it would improve my ride quality but it didnt help. Still rides bouncy as hell. maybe cause im using a lowered leaf and 3'' blocks in the rear?

Any thoughts, let me know what you think.

Thanks!

it is impossible for a shock to affect ride height, a shock controls the jounce and rebound of a vehicle, chances are you are using the wrong shock if its still bouncy, i got a 5" drop front and rear on my blazer and am using nitro drop shocks and they work mint,if you bounce your bumpers twice it should jounce and rebound about 2 times, 3 at the most. most shocks only have a certain range of travel that they actually work in. never used toxic shocks tho. hope that helps? lol

Exactly correct shocks can't affect your ride height the only thing they will do is affect the bounce if they are the wrong shocks and don't ride in the "comfort zone" of the shock.
    I'm a black ninja motherfucker!

Banned
    have you made absolutely sure you arent on bumpstops? You can compress a shock with your hands, like said above, i find it hard that would lift your truck a half inch.....

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

OK well maybe its just my imagination. I know for sure tho that the ride quality isnt any better. I never cut the bumps off in the front and maybe i need to but i didnt think that i was on them. now it just seems like the back rides a little rougher. I still bounce a lot when i hit a washboard road, thought the shocks would correct that. I guess im just looking for someone who has used toxic shocks and was wondering what their thoughts were. Maybe i need to switch to nitro shocks instead.

Thanks for the input!

my bilstiens ride great....though I have a 4/4 drop with only an accual 2" change in stock suspension difference
    http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/VortecBlazer/sidredo.jpg
    Tuned by Bland Tuning
    Transmission built by Transbuilderguy on FSC!
    Marine Intake swap by me

any gas charged shock could lift it a minute amount. you know when you take them out of the box and you cut that plastic strap and they expand on their own. could poss. lift vehicle a little.

Quote Originally Posted by LowKeyblazer View Post
    any gas charged shock could lift it a minute amount. you know when you take them out of the box and you cut that plastic strap and they expand on their own. could poss. lift vehicle a little.
    100% impossible

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    yea, i can hold a shock in position, even a brand new one,but i cannot lift my vehicle with my hands. The only way its possible is if the shock is rediculously long and is bottomed out on itself lifting the truck up. But then you would have no suspension movement and it wouldnt take long to break either a shock, or the mount off

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    yea, i can hold a shock in position, even a brand new one,but i cannot lift my vehicle with my hands. The only way its possible is if the shock is rediculously long and is bottomed out on itself lifting the truck up. But then you would have no suspension movement and it wouldnt take long to break either a shock, or the mount off
    I agree that this is the only way it should raise it,I used toxic shock on my old silverado but they didn't help the ride any until I put new bump stops on it.
    If you can't do your custom work yourself then sell your ride.

i'm gonna go with your blazer rides like shit over big bumps for the same reason mine does........the damn bump stops are getting in the way
    http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/VortecBlazer/sidredo.jpg
    Tuned by Bland Tuning
    Transmission built by Transbuilderguy on FSC!
    Marine Intake swap by me

i never thought of putting the pancake stops in that came with my kit, i did and it rode WAY better. try that.

streetissuecustoms.com low_blazer's Avatar
    I'm going to have to go with everybody else on this one...shocks didn't raise your truck, and you need to do something about the bumpstops..
    Doug
    '85 Blazer...bagged, small-blocked, back-halfed and body dropped
    http://streetissuecustoms.com/salesban_3.jpg
    Street Issue Customs

For all your custom fiberglass, interior or stereo needs... Epicenter Designs

Originally posted by S/T Lover
    That post would have made more sense if you would have just pissed all over the screen and posted a screen shot of that.

Quote Originally Posted by LowKeyblazer View Post
    No chance in hell I have had brand new shocks before many brands and cut the strap and my buddy has been able to compress them on his own to restrap them. I actually have a pair of brand new toxic shocks sitting here that one has the factory strap one has wire that my buddy put on it after we cut the original and then decided to not use it so he compressed it and wrapped wire to hold it.
    Last edited by slammins15; 11-05-2010 at 02:20 AM.
    I'm a black ninja motherfucker!

I fully agree remove bumpstops.