Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: toxic shocks raised me 1/2"

you can compress them by hand, but that requires a certain amount of force, correct? and that force can exert a certain amount of lift. some gas shocks have a lot of pressure in them.

Well thanks everybody, i guess im just to anal, or just retarted! i cut 2 ribs off the back bumps and nothing off the front. I am going to get it up this winter cut the rest of both of them off. I appreciate all the input. Guess i will let you know what i come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by LowKeyblazer View Post
    you can compress them by hand, but that requires a certain amount of force, correct? and that force can exert a certain amount of lift. some gas shocks have a lot of pressure in them.
    it....is....impossible...for...a....shock.....to.. ..raise.....a.....vehicle......ffs.......:evilfu:

while you may not be able to lift your truck off the ground you should be able to the lift the front of your truck an inch or 2, a blown shock will sag while a fresh new shock could certainly add a small amount of height back into the suspension
    2009 ford fusion
    1997 bagged and body dropped suburban
    2003 yamaha road star warrior
    still got the 4 Door Love

Banned
    no turner is right, if you've ever compressed a shock, you would know, it does take some effort to compress it, but once its compressed, how much force does it take to keep it compressed? next to nothing. Like i can use 1 finger to hold it. I dont think i can lift my truck up with 1 finger. And ive put in MANY shocks and struts in the last 5 years all differnt brands.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

Quote Originally Posted by Superbee View Post
    no turner is right, if you've ever compressed a shock, you would know, it does take some effort to compress it, but once its compressed, how much force does it take to keep it compressed? next to nothing. Like i can use 1 finger to hold it. I dont think i can lift my truck up with 1 finger. And ive put in MANY shocks and struts in the last 5 years all differnt brands.
    finally, some one who knows what they are talking about... lol ffs.

I thought we were done arguing that a shock can lift a vehicle. Think it through buddy if you can compress it by hand how the hell do you think it can lift a 3600lb vehicle I sure as hell don't know anyone that can exert 3600lbs of force on a shock with their hands.
    I'm a black ninja motherfucker!

Quote Originally Posted by packofqtips View Post
    while you may not be able to lift your truck off the ground you should be able to the lift the front of your truck an inch or 2, a blown shock will sag while a fresh new shock could certainly add a small amount of height back into the suspension
    maybe, but most of the suspension sag is due to springs or bushings
    http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/VortecBlazer/sidredo.jpg
    Tuned by Bland Tuning
    Transmission built by Transbuilderguy on FSC!
    Marine Intake swap by me

Nelson
    The only way a shock can raise a vehicle is when it is the wrong application and the length is too long for the vehicle. Then it will really ride like crap.