Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: info on this Blazer and tucking 18's Up Front...

info on this Blazer and tucking 18's Up Front...

I found this in the blazinlow gallery here. I was wondering what size these wheels are or if anybody knows more info on this blazer in particular or...
    just any basic info on fitting 18's ... specifically, Boss 304 rims on 255-40-18 rubber at the moment (thinking about going 225-40-18).

I believe that mine are 18x9 wide rims. It will be a close fit but we got them to tuck in the rear. With a little trimming on the fender lip. They dont look bad at all tucking, but thats enough tooting my own horn, lmao

anyway yea, I am just looking for anyone with firsthand information on fitting 18's or any size wheels upfront on a 1st gen S10 Blazer, if you have to cut the firewall, how much to cut from firewall and relocating anything in the way etc.:smoker:

thanks all

before and after on the back.

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    once you get to around a 25 inch tall tire the inners will have to come out, the passenger side will then hit the heat/ac box right below the blower motor. the firewall on that side is a little further back, but not to much after a 25 inch tall tire, the firewall on the driver side will hit, along with the tie rods. It all depends how tall a tire your going to run. IMO is worth the trouble to run a nice looking tire. a 245/40/18 looks great IMO

good info supernova, thanks bro... My wheels with a 255/40/18 measure somewhere in the 26 inch range, I want it to lay frame absolutely, would a 245/40-18 make it much more easier, or am I looking at a 225 if I dont want to tub/make tie-rod notches?

thanks!

first of all i allmost fell out my chair when i opend this. hahah anyways the rims are front wheel drive rims enkei shurikens 18x7 i belive im running a 235/40/18 all the way around i will look when i get home and comfirm. now in the front at the time of the picture you posted i had only a 2 inch spindel and i still had inner fenders a/c and all the other bull. it was rubbing and didnt lay so i pulled the inners and then it was hitting the heater box so i pulled it. all i had to do as far as relocating was find a place for the cruise control on the drivers side. on the passenger side i made a bracket out of a bed rail to hold up the battery. i can show you how i did mine or you can come up with your own. or relocate the battery. as for the over flow i justbolted it back to the fender and it clears the tire while laid out. now the only thing hold me up is the botom a arm is hitting the frame and needs to be trimmed. if you want yours to lay like mine you might be ok on a 18x9 but like i said mine is 18x7with a adapter. they are front wheel drive rims. any more questions pm me.
    Last edited by dragnblazer; 11-24-2010 at 02:19 PM.
    My project thread 89 bagged 2door
    http://www.blazinlow.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68023

Wife's daily
    2002 chevy blazer 4 door 2wd ls

My daily
    2000 Gmc jimmy 2 door 5 speed

also you can see a pic of the bracket i made on page 7 of my project thread
    http://www.blazinlow.com/forum/showt...t=68023&page=7

Wife's daily

My daily

thanks dragnblazer for all the info brotha, very helpful! I remember seeing it in your project thread now, a while back. You got a nice blaze for sure man, something about those rims I really like to.

I'm in the process of putting on my drop spindles now, it has turned into a bit of a job cause I have to do a balljoint too. Got my drivers side a-arm off at the moment.

I haven't got the stuff to bag the front of mine yet, and I'm just doing the spindles to get it a little lower for now...

If you could confirm that tire size (235-40-18) that would be very helpful tho man!
    Last edited by blazerman5000; 11-23-2010 at 08:16 AM.

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    i forgot about the whole dehumping the lower arms or getting tube arms. Your not going to get very low with stock arms and a 26 inch tall tire.

thanks for the props i really liked those wheels also when i saw them very different from the all the other wheels i have seen. the tires i have on there now and in the piucture are 225/40/18 not 235. i looked threw my thread last night. i thought i had the tire size in there but idk. they messures 24 inchs tall. i also have a set of 235/40 not mounted to the wheels they messure 24 1/2 maybe 3/4 tall hope this helps
    Last edited by dragnblazer; 11-23-2010 at 03:08 PM.

Wife's daily

My daily

yep I'm planning to dehump the factory arms for when its bagged in the front, if I cant run across some lower tube arms for a good price, I was suppose to buy some BYC arms but the dude hasn't responded in some time, so dont know... we'll see.

thanks for those tire stats dragn.

no problem. just fyi i havent dehumped mine yet either. i need to do this post #28 picture 2 3 and 4 http://www.blazinlow.com/forum/showt...t=76946&page=2. idk if im gonna need to dehump

Wife's daily

My daily

I feel dumb, I ordered new drop spindles, and have been working on putting them on for a while now on my days off... and it already has belltech drop spindles on it, but still got to replace a balljoint now, anyway yep, got a set of drop spindles for sale, and I'd like to find some tube a arms, haha.

Sorry for digging up an old thread but for anyone looking for a bit more info, I'm running a 18x8 Boss 338 on a 235/35ZR18 tire, inner fenders pulled, 2" drop spindles, tubular uppers/lowers and I destroyed my blower box. My tire is right at 24.5" tall so just letting anyone know that they'll still rub on that size tire/rim combo.

On the back, I'm getting ready to install the CanDo 4link and was wondering if I have to remove my inner fenders or tub the tires for clearance? I'm doing away with my back seat, just wanting to see if I can get away with not having to tub the truck.
    85' Jimmy 2Dr 2WD Blown 2.8L*Sold*
    88' S-10 2Dr 2WD Blown 2.5L *Sold*
    88' Jimmy 2Dr 2WD R Code 2.8L *Daily Project*
    89' Jimmy 2dr 2WD Z Code 4.3L TBI *Parts Truck*
    92' Jimmy 4Dr 2WD W Code 4.3L Vortec *Sold*

Quote Originally Posted by FeTTo View Post
    please tell me you just took your stupid pill before posting that :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Not if you wanta drag. I found out the hard way. I cut up 2 tires on the body. But I would get your link on then see where u need to trim

Wife's daily

My daily

What did you cut the tires on? I was thinking about moving the factory tubs inward by an inch and a half and maybe chop and add 2 or 3" of height to them. Should clear then I'm hoping.
    85' Jimmy 2Dr 2WD Blown 2.8L*Sold*
    88' S-10 2Dr 2WD Blown 2.5L *Sold*
    88' Jimmy 2Dr 2WD R Code 2.8L *Daily Project*
    89' Jimmy 2dr 2WD Z Code 4.3L TBI *Parts Truck*
    92' Jimmy 4Dr 2WD W Code 4.3L Vortec *Sold*

Quote Originally Posted by FeTTo View Post
    please tell me you just took your stupid pill before posting that :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: