Thread: Last minute bag questions

My Tape Deck Broke

Last minute bag questions

Hello Ive bagged a few rides but this is my first first gen jimmy so i have a few questions I couldn't find on the forums or here. I have a 94 s15 jimmy I plan on running a 8 wide 18 inch rim with a 40 series tire. I understand that when you park and lay out the tire will barely touch the wheel well in the back. So im guessing dragging on the freeway isnt going to happen. Also can I lay out with a small c notch below the floor. Im unsure of what size notch I need. As far as shocks go can I run the shocks in the stock upper mounts? Im running a sleeved 900 below and behind the axle. If so what shock do I ask for at the parts store. Like for my last dime I used 1984 Toyota truck shocks. Also what shocks are you all running in the front? Will I have to notch the frame for the steering? Lots of questions I know. thanks in advance
    Honk if you love peace and quiet

i got most the same questons lol im baggn a 86 s10 blazer

For the rear I have a Suicide Doors bolt in c notch. I'm not bagged in the back yet, but I'm running air shocks for now. I still sit 2" off the ground with a 235 40 18 when bottomed out in the notch.

you gotta go with a 8 inch notch. do plan on keeping the back seat?
    My project thread 89 bagged 2door
    http://www.blazinlow.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68023

Wife's daily
    2002 chevy blazer 4 door 2wd ls

My daily
    2000 Gmc jimmy 2 door 5 speed

My Tape Deck Broke
    Quote Originally Posted by dragnblazer View Post
    you gotta go with a 8 inch notch. do plan on keeping the back seat?
    Yes I plan on keeping the back seat. Its a 4 door so that should help some. id like to cut as little as possible in order to keep cargo room.

My Tape Deck Broke
    a 8 inch c notch means im going to have to raise the floor 3 inchs right?

My Tape Deck Broke
    I guess this isnt the best place for information. Ive been surfing this forum a lot and it seems most the threads are about bragging and showing off :confused:

A 18" rim tire combo a 3" notch is all you need. That's how I started out. You will have to link it. Drop spindle with stock arms with bags will set the front crossmember a 1" off the ground. Will rub the front stock inner fenders a little.
    Drop,Drag,TuKnDuCeS

My Tape Deck Broke
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuknduces View Post
    A 18" rim tire combo a 3" notch is all you need. That's how I started out. You will have to link it. Drop spindle with stock arms with bags will set the front crossmember a 1" off the ground. Will rub the front stock inner fenders a little.
    thanks for the info. I think im going to make my own notch and just have it go as close to floor as possible.

So no matter how I get around it im going to need to pull the front inner fender wells I think im going to raise the rear a little to so I can drag flat out on the freeway. Im useing tubular A arms a upper bag cup no lower and stock spindles. This would lay a 2nd gen out in the front is there a difference with the first gen?

It should lay it out.... U can alwaz just pound up the inner fenders front & rear.
    Drop,Drag,TuKnDuCeS