Thread: Laying with rear seat??

Laying with rear seat??

I know this is a common question but I have searched a bit and have yet to find an answer on here or anywhere for that matter. I have an 01 blazer that is already bagged on stock xtreme wheels with stock size tires, it also has all the inner fenders front and rear and still has the rear seat, and it is an absolute must that I keep those rear seats as well. What am I gonna have to do to get it to lay out on either stockers or like 18s with low tires maybe while keeping the rear seats? The truck is not notched yet in the rear and I am planning on getting an SD bolt in notch in the back, the rear is already 4linked as well with an ART 4link with sleeve bags on ART brackets. Besides the bolt in notch what can be done here. Sorry if this has already properly been answered but I searched for awhile and never got a definite answer on what to do. Thanks for any help.

If ur only Gonna do a bolt in notch I don't think you will even have to cut any sheet metal out of the back. I don't even think it will lay. I seem to remember a guy who moved the seat up and foward. and laid on big rims im sure he did do some cuting but he did replace the panels. if that much work isnt what you wanta do then your gonna have to live with it not laying out.
    Last edited by dragnblazer; 12-01-2010 at 03:28 PM.
    My project thread 89 bagged 2door
    http://www.blazinlow.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68023

Wife's daily
    2002 chevy blazer 4 door 2wd ls

My daily
    2000 Gmc jimmy 2 door 5 speed

yeah theres a guy on here with a white X (suncad maybe??) i dont know but i have a bunch of his pictures saved. hes layin 22s with a backseat

show us some pics of wahts already been done!
    '91 S10 Blazer, 4.3 Auto, rear bagged - w/ custom 4-link, sleeve bags behind and under axle. Work in progress...

Yes lots of pictures

Wife's daily

My daily

I will have to get some pics soon when its decent enough out. I right now it just lays the frame on the axle in the back and the front is lower but it doesnt lay either really, just sits a couple inched lower than the back. It is an absolute must that I keep the rear seats and I know I will never be happy with it if it doesnt lay...lol. Like I said, I dont need to run huge rims, but would like to run something bigger than stock with a small tire. I will upload a pic of it aired out.

Here is an aired out pic.

I run a 18x8.5 inch wheel with a 225.40.18 tire and I'm happy. I may get some 20's someday.......

Wife's daily

My daily

I would love to run an 18 with a low tire, but like I said i cant move or delete the rear seats. I dont mind cutting the floor behind the seats, its actually already cutout there anyhow to access the bags. Any ideas or am I just screwed...lol?

Mine laying frame on 20's (245-35-20) with the back seat which was a must for me too. My suspension was done by PMA Motorsports.

The back seat. Everything looks stock in mine but my seat was moved up and forward a little.
    Laid out Blazer X!!! :D TwIzTeD iNtEnTiOns- Ohio
    http://s110.photobucket.com/albums/n102/GOTDUBZ/

Moving the seat up and foward is the only way. For me I plan on building a 1 person seat in the back surronded by subs. So keeping the back seat wasn't a big deal. In fact I threw it in the dumpster next to my garge when I took it out

Wife's daily

My daily