Thread: Roll Pan?

Roll Pan?

my xtreme was in a bit of an accident. my brother recommended i get a roll pan to replace my rear bumper. any opinions or suggestions as to where i could get one for cheap? ;)

grant customs
    suicidedoors.com
    fbicustoms.com
    04 EC Silverado 4.8L,Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, K&N, Viper, ACT, USSpeedo, Matrix, Whelen, Blackbear, 22" Eagles, Nittos,Russel,Magnaflow
    85 S-15 2.5L/4spd, RF P1 subs, highs & T4004, JL 250/1, SD 4-link, AIM LCAs, 1/2 valves, Blazer interior, 17" Eagles w/BFGs, phantom grill, 140 amp alt

Unfortunately a blazer is a little harder than a truck to get a roll pan for, you really can't get one for "cheap" bc you have to replace the side pieces too. The cheapest you will be able to find that are actually decent and will take little modification is the plastic set from Grant for around $195. If you want steel, I'd go with the Grant customs step shaver kit but you will be looking at a lot of work to install them:$499.99

http://grantkustoms.com/catalog/inde...40a4c37c6f7357
    2002 S10 Blazer 22's - currently undergoing a a major revamp!
    -->Project Full Feature<--
    http://noaffiliation.net/index.php?s...35fee061aa940b

my brother told me to get the steel one. he sent me the www.itsraw.com website and they ask about 380.00 for them so i figured i wasnt going to be able to get it real cheap. i figured i'd get other opinions before i jumped right into buying it. i'm not so much worried about the work to install it because i have a few friends who do body work and can help me out, but i wanted to make sure i get a roll pan thats going to be worth my money.

Well that one from RAW looks to be fiberglass but it doesn't really say from what I can tell. I will tell you that you won't find any better metal products than from Grant, they are top of the line, but you def pay for it from them.

If you want to save a little money and have some skill working with metal you can always do what I did. I bought a compound curve blazer pan only from Grant for around $80. Then I went to LMCtruck.com and bought 94+ rear bead corner replacemenet panels and cut and welded them together to fit my blazer. Really wasn't that hard to do and noone can even tell that I made the side pieces myself. Here's the thread that shows the pics of mine, its post 17, you can see the cuts I made:
    http://www.blazinlow.com/forum/showt...t=73977&page=2

Here's the link to the bed panels, its at the top #7, you will need a LH and RH
    http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cst/full.aspx?Page=43

So that route you are looking at around $200 and some time/skill rather than $500 and time and skill, lol..
    Last edited by flnole78; 12-02-2010 at 11:19 AM.

I'll definitley consider that option cause whatevers going to save me money works for me lol. but i'll have to look more into it when i get the chance i'll just have to run it by my brother first since he'll probably be the one doing the work. but thank you for your suggestions.

Vamos Mantequilla!!! ProfessorKaos's Avatar
    You can always buy the ECC sides and use a Grant pan.

'93 bodied Std. Cab....Classick
    Midwestminis.net <- Go There!

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorKaos View Post
    You can always buy the ECC sides and use a Grant pan.
    That's what I want to do, but on Grants site the only Blazer pan they show says it mounts up to the factory bumper end caps, which means it'll stick out just as far as the bumper did. I already have the ECC sides, but have no idea what Grant pan I need to go with em?

Where I am at if you wanted a steel one welded in with sides the body work and paint alone would cost $1000 plus the parts.
    I'm a black ninja motherfucker!

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue View Post
    That's what I want to do, but on Grants site the only Blazer pan they show says it mounts up to the factory bumper end caps, which means it'll stick out just as far as the bumper did. I already have the ECC sides, but have no idea what Grant pan I need to go with em?
    If you call Grant they make one that is made to use with the shaved steps. Or if you really don't want to call them then just order the compound curve s10 fleet side pan. That's what I have on my blazer. The curve doesn't line up perfect but its close enough that no one notices.