Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: home made quad headlights?

BANG! BANG! VROOOOM! theKILLSHOT!'s Avatar

home made quad headlights?

ok i have been tossing around the idea of getting rid of the stock ass junk sealed beam headlights and i saw a cavalier the other day in bowling green missouri that has custom made headlights that are nothing more than 3 sets of driving lights whare the origional headlights were.... so here is my idea see if you can follow me on this one....

i want to build a pair of boxes (steel or aluminum) and mount 2 sets of projector beam foglights (1 set mounted to the top of each box and the other to the bottom) and have them aimed the top ones for the high beams and the bottoms for the lows and here is another lil idea i have come up with ... drill a big whole in the back of the box for the intake hose to hook up to and for the front attach up some expanded metal to the front of the box for extra protection for the lights and for the intake to keep the big shit outa the air ducts

does anyone have an oppenion on this or some tips or pointers?
    True memories are not set in stone
    Their sculpted from steel and covered with blo0d
    (mayhem)

not gonna be legal but I can't picture in my head what it would look like.
    stock-87 blazer tahoe 2 door, 3.4, auto, 4x4

inside- All LEDs, overhead console, white faced gauges, smoothed panels, Camo cloth, radio and speakers, keyless entry

outside- 1/2 lift, 3 inch bl, clears, H4 conv headlights, Euro red tails, all LEDs

motor- 2.8 fiero valve covers, headers, flowmaster 40, 10 in chrome edelbrock cleaner with K&N, silicone vacuum hoses

Banned
    i THINK i get your idea, but draw it up in ms paint or someting so we can see what your talking about.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

Follow my links to my facebook and myspace..... I did it and been runnin them for 5 years....
    Drop,Drag,TuKnDuCeS

ok i suck at this crap so here goes and sorry for the size of it
    (mayhem)

i see whatcha did thare and its similar to what i want to do but i want to have a functional intake in the back and 4 beams in each box instead of 2 and the box will have the front "open" but covered with expanded metal for protection of everything
    (mayhem)

I was thinking about the same thing with my phantom grill, legit and no problemo!
    04 EC Silverado 4.8L,Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, K&N, Viper, ACT, USSpeedo, Matrix, Whelen, Blackbear, 22" Eagles, Nittos,Russel,Magnaflow
    85 S-15 2.5L/4spd, RF P1 subs, highs & T4004, JL 250/1, SD 4-link, AIM LCAs, 1/2 valves, Blazer interior, 17" Eagles w/BFGs, phantom grill, 140 amp alt

well my truck is a 4x4 and i use it as such so the grill on the front of the lights is pretty much a must because it would probly see some branches and stuff hitting the lights

and im also thinking about moving the battery to the rear of the truck so i can run the intake out on the passenger side and relocate anything i can out of the engine bay just to clean it up some.... its also getting converted to carb
    (mayhem)

Must be a rock crawler cause around here a motor wouldn't last long in the mud sucking up water and gunk non stop.
    stock-87 blazer tahoe 2 door, 3.4, auto, 4x4

inside- All LEDs, overhead console, white faced gauges, smoothed panels, Camo cloth, radio and speakers, keyless entry

outside- 1/2 lift, 3 inch bl, clears, H4 conv headlights, Euro red tails, all LEDs

motor- 2.8 fiero valve covers, headers, flowmaster 40, 10 in chrome edelbrock cleaner with K&N, silicone vacuum hoses

its just a 4x4 and I use it as such..... trail rides playing in fields and climbing the occasional rock or log but I do play in the mud with it but not that deep
    (mayhem)

This is how I did mine
    Drop,Drag,TuKnDuCeS

Another pic
    Drop,Drag,TuKnDuCeS

I see what you did but boxes are closed in and your only using 4 lights total I want to use 4 in each box and the intake duct in the back is a must I have also found the lights I'm going to be using... 1 set has blue accent rings and strobes 1 set has 7 color accent rings and the other 2 sets are projector beams... 1 set of round lens projectors and the other set is a square lens projector the projector beams will be used for the high beams and yes I realise that its gonna cost me almost 200 bucks just for the lights but it will be something completely custom that noone else has
    (mayhem)

Banned
    I dont think you will have enough room for all that.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

Quote Originally Posted by Superbee View Post
    I dont think you will have enough room for all that.
    He could use the bullet holes for the air intake. That would free up space for more lights.
    Genius by birth, Slacker by choice.