Thread: 98 sonoma wheels to 02 blazer xtreme fitment issues

98 sonoma wheels to 02 blazer xtreme fitment issues

hey guy, need some input fast. i just picked up a set of 15x7 98 aluminum 2wd sonoma wheels to use during winter. my issue is that these wheels will barely fit over my 02 blazer hubs and have barely any lug thread showing. do i need to bore out the hub opening on the rim to get these to fit properly? any info would be helpful.
    02 Blazer Xtreme "The Inter Sanctum"
    kenwood dvd headunit, ps2, jvc cd changer, 5/6 drop, 15% tint all way around, dual exhaust, apc clear tails and front corners, 6000k McCulloch hids, 20x9 boss 312's, airaid tb spacer and volant cai

www.subsonickustomz.com

My Tape Deck Broke
    yup heres a vid on how to do it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wve0IgHIEL4
    Honk if you love peace and quiet

The older trucks have a larger hub than the newer trucks aka not all 2nd gen wheels fit on 1st gens, so the original hub size isn't your problem. Have you tried cleaning gunk and rust from the inside of the wheel and the outside of the hub yet? Your xtreme uses hub centric wheels, so boring out the wheels isn't the best idea since it will no longer locate the wheels as well. Have any parts been replaced up front?

Newer hubs are on the right.

Last edited by Harley; 12-15-2010 at 09:25 AM.
    Black 'n Tanazer, Long Bed, Coupe Quattro, Old Caddy, Old Rice

Member of the SCUDS Task Force
    Spike Clean Up & Disposal Service

the hub opening on the rim is clean, the blazer has drop spindles on it if that matters. i'll try to clean up the hub with parts cleaner and a wire brush to see if that will work.
    kenwood dvd headunit, ps2, jvc cd changer, 5/6 drop, 15% tint all way around, dual exhaust, apc clear tails and front corners, 6000k McCulloch hids, 20x9 boss 312's, airaid tb spacer and volant cai

www.subsonickustomz.com

You're still using the stock hubs, so shouldn't be a problem. I honestly can't think of any reason other than rust buildup that would give you trouble. I went through all of this when I wanted to put my 00 Blazer wheels on my 91 S10. Ended up going with some Blazer spindles and brakes I had on the shelf to not cut up the wheels. Also swapped rear ends, but I'm thinking it was just rust buildup holding me up back there.

i'll hit the hub with the dremel and wire brush and hopefully that will do the trick. thanks for the info Harley!

www.subsonickustomz.com

My Tape Deck Broke
    opps i missed you trying to use 15s. I tryied putting older 15s on my dime and they would clear any thing. Id guess your stuck with 16s
    Honk if you love peace and quiet

the pres of the club im in said he had the same problem with his blazer for these wheels. all he did was ground the hub opening out just a hair.

www.subsonickustomz.com

I still say it is the hub, but I'm also not there to see it in person. You've been running the panther juice wheels right? I'm guessing they aren't hub centric to the Blazer hubs, so it would be real easy for rust build up to form. As you can see in the pictures a small difference in diameter can make or break fitting the wheels up. I'd still try cleaning up the hub before grinding down the wheels.

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    but blazers dont have the hubs that stick out like serviceable bearings do. they just have that little lip, like rear axles do. Do they not fit in either front or rear?

they only problem ive heard of is when fitting second gen wheels on first gens, not 2nd gens on 2nd gen.