Thread: post pics of your 1st gen air gauges

My Tape Deck Broke

post pics of your 1st gen air gauges

Ive searched and searched and cant find any thing. Ether the threads are to old and photos are gone or there uploaded to the forum and i cant view pics hosted by the forum for some reason. So maybe you all can help ah brother out and give me some ideas on were to mount my 3 air gauges. Im looking for quick clean and easy lol I did order a lrd 3 plate panel just in case i find a use for it.
    Honk if you love peace and quiet

You could buy a triple pillar pod for it. It mounts on the driver A-pillar. Just a thought
    Drop,Drag,TuKnDuCeS

My Tape Deck Broke
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuknduces View Post
    You could buy a triple pillar pod for it. It mounts on the driver A-pillar. Just a thought
    You'll get pulled over fast for having those here. :(

Why is that? seen it done all the time never any issues

I got em. Never Been touched.
    Drop,Drag,TuKnDuCeS

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    yea, how is that illegal, having extra gauges to monitor your engine is perfectly legal, no need for them to know they are air gauges

streetissuecustoms.com low_blazer's Avatar
    Here's an OLD pic of mine when they were in the pillar pod..this is probably 7 or 8 years ago...

Doug
    '85 Blazer...bagged, small-blocked, back-halfed and body dropped
    http://streetissuecustoms.com/salesban_3.jpg
    Street Issue Customs

For all your custom fiberglass, interior or stereo needs... Epicenter Designs

Originally posted by S/T Lover
    That post would have made more sense if you would have just pissed all over the screen and posted a screen shot of that.

My Tape Deck Broke
    california the dumb cops will think your a racer and pull you over looking for "nos" or illegal motor mods.

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    simple, move. lol. My temp and oil pressure guage were originally mounted in the slot under the ashtray Nice and clean, couldnt see the wires and not sticking out or looking out of place. NO pics though

could always mount them in the useless tray at the bottom of the dash
    http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/VortecBlazer/sidredo.jpg
    Tuned by Bland Tuning
    Transmission built by Transbuilderguy on FSC!
    Marine Intake swap by me

My Tape Deck Broke
    Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    simple, move. lol. My temp and oil pressure guage were originally mounted in the slot under the ashtray Nice and clean, couldnt see the wires and not sticking out or looking out of place. NO pics though
    do way california dominates. I dont live in the city I got clean air and ocean for days :)

Trained Professional Buddies'Garage's Avatar
    If you want to use a pillar pod I have a triple gauge one-piece I'll sell you ;) Mine are mounted under the back of the cowl hood. I have to point them out because no one ever sees them. I'll try to get a pic for ya. You can also mount them inside the console but it sucks because you can't safely see them while driving.
    Ben- Buddies' Garage

My Tape Deck Broke
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddies'Garage View Post
    If you want to use a pillar pod I have a triple gauge one-piece I'll sell you ;) Mine are mounted under the back of the cowl hood. I have to point them out because no one ever sees them. I'll try to get a pic for ya. You can also mount them inside the console but it sucks because you can't safely see them while driving.
    Could you pm me a price shipped to 93440 please. I got the console with the lip at the end it almost looks like it was made for gauges

I Always Thought That On The Pillard Is For Rice Cars Not Trucks.i Put Mine On The Lower Shelf Of The Dash And Made A Bracket To Seal It In There And Looked Fine.just Hook Up The Lights And Your Good To Go And There Kinda Hidden So Thats Nice

heres an idea for you, on my 2nd gen blazr relocated h/l switch to lower plastic cover by pedals, cut 2" hole to access switch and int. dome button, drilled small holes zip tied it there and it's barely visible if look underneath cover.

98-up ign automatically turns h/l on, really only did this to be able to over-ride it in the daytime or control dome.
    in your case w'manual h/l guess would be a must for access unless turned lights on/off w'diff switch, ign or alarm maybe?

....so from behind the dash bezel to keep it clean and make it solid, epoxyied a piece of black abs plastic to switch location.

Basically where h/l switch used to be now holds my KP dual needle for front/rear bag psi, 2 toggles below gauge for bags and between them put a 2way micro toggle to control my 2 comps separate.

I really like having my gauge and switches there, bag gauge is easily visible and toggles are right there ready for switch happy fingers anytime :D

...for my 2 5gal tanks gauge trimmed down a piece to fit in center console where xtra storage part is below change holder. Only diff just double sided taped this one there cuz kinda easier for access and might relocate it to blank spot on dash later but its tight fit andprob cleaner jus keeping it where it is