Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Body drop or not?

Body drop or not?

Hello, I need some help on making a decision. I'm currently building an '85 two door. It has a 523 bhp 389 cube smallblock, 3800 stall, 350 turbo trans with transbrake, badass driveshaft, stock suspension and a stock 8.5" rear out of an '02. My question is, I'm in the process of tubbing it out for a set of 31x15x15 tires with 4.56 gears. I want to body drop it. Do I bodydrop now or later? By later I mean after cruise'n ocean city which is in May. Im gonna have to build a custom floor for the back half anyway, so do I try to risk completing it all by May or do the backhalf only. If I do the backhalf only I'll have it done by May for sure and I'll eventually bodydrop it anyway. So do I risk the greatest time in a years time to do what I really want to do to my blazer or go for it and hope I get it done cuz in the end there's always next year. Or do I just tub it it out and get er done?

I know your gonna ask. Why bodydrop with stock suspension! Cause I want it to look lowered without actually lowering. Well maybe an inch or two but not much.

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    if you like building floors enough to do it twice, wait. But id say just do it all now and if its finished by may, so be it, if not there is always next year

x2

Do it once and get it over with.

K thanks

Trained Professional Buddies'Garage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wagonmaster View Post
    Do it once and get it over with.
    + one...
    Ben- Buddies' Garage

Thanks again for the input. I started the body drop about a week ago. What a nightmare. Was every bit as difficult as a thought it'd be. Got the body braced sectioned the fire wall cut the floor and the frame horns then let her drop. Droped her 4 inches. I had the engine set back as far as it would go so I had to notch the firewall a bit for the msd small cap distributor. Wiper motor is proly gonna have to go cause it's hitting the tall cast alum valvecovers. Brake booster is about 5/8 of an inch away from the header. Steering shaft is gonna be tight (might have to engineer something)! Gonna order the Competion Engineering pre fab 4-link and frame kit today when I get paid. I've been taking lots and lots of pictures but I can't figure out how to post them using my iPhone so I'll have to send them to the house computer and try it that way.

Definitely post the pictures.

I am in the process of bagging mine. I will have to make the two hour drive over to Baltimore and cruse with you.

Brian P.
    5/6 on 20" American Racing IROCS, but a long way from completion.

Glad to see you went ahead with the bodydrop. Can't wait to see some pics. Good luck with the build.

Just an update. Got the body drop finished, rear frame built, roll cage in, and I have a whole lot of pics! Still can't figure out how to post the pics. Somebody's gonna have to help me with that. I really would like to post as many as possible because it was looking at other peoples work that gave me ideas, so maybe I can help someone else by showing them what I did. Don't know if it's right but it worked!

Oh yea! I also changed my rear tire size. I was gonna put 31x15x15 in the back. Forget it way to small. Sooooo... How does 31x18 on a 15" wheel sound. Micky Thompsom radials with the flame tread design. They're Saweeeeet! Just need to get the rear narrowed and it's showtime!
    Last edited by ToLows10; 03-24-2011 at 02:51 PM.

You want to get a photobucket account and upload all the pics to it. Its free to get one. Then once you upload your pic, it will generate all the code to post the pics. You will want to use the code generated that is for IMG code. Here's an eample just leave out the space between the I and M
    [I MG]http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e10/flnole78/Misc%20pics/2011-03-23_22-30-51_750.jpg[/I MG]
    2002 S10 Blazer 22's - currently undergoing a a major revamp!
    -->Project Full Feature<--
    http://noaffiliation.net/index.php?s...35fee061aa940b

So I do that and I'll be able to post a link? I'm gonna give it a shot thanks for the help!

Well the link worked for me using my iPhone, let me know if there's any problems for anyone else out there. If the link is good to go I'll post more pictures. Thanks again for the help.

The link worked however that's a link to the main page for your mobile photobucket. you should be able to find the code to post the actual pics. It would prob be easier if you didn't use your web browser on your phone and downloaded the actual photobucket app for the iphone. It will be alot faster and easier for you. But here's what the screen looks similar to, look for this code in the bright green box

2002 S10 Blazer 22's - currently undergoing a a major revamp!
    -->Project Full Feature<--
    http://noaffiliation.net/index.php?s...35fee061aa940b