Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: static drop, rough ride?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

static drop, rough ride?

Ok so i made apost a while back about shocks raising my truck. I dont know what i was thinking but i think it settled now. I guess i sound dtupid now but heres the next question?

I have driven plenty of lowered vehicles with all different types of drops. None rode worse than my current blaze. 02 extreme with spindles and sprongs in front and with 3" blocks and 2-3 drop leaf in back. i cut the bumps of to the 2nd rib. It rides worse than anything ever. I put toxic shocks in thinking it would help, and i think its worse.

Is it because of the leaf in the back maybe? I never went with such a thin leaf before. I got everything from summit and they hooked me up so i cant complain.

I just want to know if anyone else has issues like mine. I literally cant go downa normal road with slight bumps and bounce off my seat!

What ya think guys/Gals?

Later SOLVD31

My guess is you're bottomed out. You need a notch in the back to get some suspension travel back.

I agree. Take a look under your truck and see what type of clearance you have between your axel tube and frame. Also look and see if your riding on the front bumpstops, might need to do some surgery if you are. As for the shocks, I dont know what to tell you except I dont like toxic shocks.

Vamos Mantequilla!!! ProfessorKaos's Avatar
    You are probably going to want to get a bolt in notch for the rear. As far as the front, I'd just take the bump stops out completely.....or slap some bags in there.

'93 bodied Std. Cab....Classick
    Midwestminis.net <- Go There!

I agree with the posts above, low profile bump stops or trimmed down in the front and a bolt in notch for the rear.

My 2dr 1st gen is only lowered 3 1/2" in the rear and it bottoms all the time even with the stops trimmed all the way down. i'm adding a bolt in notch

The Louder, The Better Nvr2Loud's Avatar
    Im running belltech spindles up front and 3 inch blocks out back.. no bumb stops at all.. my truck rides just fine
    2000 Blazer Xtreme Conversion:bowdown:
    2 Memphis Mojo 12's on 2000w RMS:bowdown:
    SHAVED EVERYTHING:bowdown:

If its "too loud" or "too low", I don't know you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nvr2Loud View Post
    Im running belltech spindles up front and 3 inch blocks out back.. no bumb stops at all.. my truck rides just fine
    Front he has spindles and springs and rear he has 3" blocks plus a 2-3" drop leaf setup so thats why he bottoms out and you don't. He is probably close to sitting on his bump stops all the time.
    I'm a black ninja motherfucker!

yeah my rear has both, i cut the bumps down but there is still one rib. I may be able to take it completly off so im not riding on it. I di not cut the front off at all. I think i will do that this spring. If neither help then i guess im going with a notch.

Thanks for all the help fellas!

Are your shocks bottomed out?

I dont think so. i just put in new toxic shocks, they were suppoded to be good for the drop that i have.

Exclamation no bumps and a good ride?

Quote Originally Posted by Nvr2Loud View Post
    So i took out all my bumps last night after doing a brake job. now it rides a LITTLE smoother but i hear the clunking front and back of the axle hitting the frame and of the front hitting. Arent my drop shocks supposed to help with this? I am running 3" blocks and a 2" leaf in the back with 2" dpindles and 3" drop coils in the front. I dont have the major bounce like before with the bumps but now its just stiff. Do i need to take it up a notch? i really dont want to do a bolt in.

Any help out there would be appreciated?
    Thanks!

the original lsteggy tunerman20's Avatar
    I have 3" leafs with 4" blocks and I had 2 notch the rear frame with a mini notch cuz I was bottomed out without the bump stops, and the only thing I had 2 worry about was the pinion angle cuz how low the rear sits with 7" of drop on it, hell I have heated 3" drop springs (so it's more like 4") and 2" spindles so it sits on a 6/7 drop, it was a real bad choice imo, so I lowered it the right way and still have bastard springs and drop blocks sittin in the garage
    :blazer:97 blazer, 82 305, edelbrock top end, stock bottom end, currently under construction:blazer:

If you keep hitting axle to frame you are going to do some serious damage to your axle. You have no suspension travel left. No matter what shock is on there won't cure that.
    Honestly, just do the bolt in notch. Makes a world of difference, and you won't lose any frame strength.

that bolt in notch will help alot.
    My project thread 89 bagged 2door
    http://www.blazinlow.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68023

Wife's daily
    2002 chevy blazer 4 door 2wd ls

My daily
    2000 Gmc jimmy 2 door 5 speed

yes with the bolt in you dont need to remove the floor.

http://qualityairride.com/notches/blazer-bolt-c-notch
    My project thread 89 bagged 2door
    http://www.blazinlow.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68023

Wife's daily
    2002 chevy blazer 4 door 2wd ls

My daily
    2000 Gmc jimmy 2 door 5 speed