Thread: lt1 & t56 question

the original lsteggy tunerman20's Avatar

Question lt1 & t56 question

can I stuff an lt1 with a t56 in my truck, currently I have an 82 305 and a 700r4 in my 97 blazer, I would like 2 know everything that I would need to do this conversion because I can get the motor and trans from a friend of mine from his wrecked 97 z28

yes you can, motor mounts and wiring, stuff like that. I might separate and sell my lt1 painless harness and headers (which I have)
    Last edited by Forklift; 01-31-2011 at 10:23 AM.
    04 EC Silverado 4.8L,Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, K&N, Viper, ACT, USSpeedo, Matrix, Whelen, Blackbear, 22" Eagles, Nittos,Russel,Magnaflow
    85 S-15 2.5L/4spd, RF P1 subs, highs & T4004, JL 250/1, SD 4-link, AIM LCAs, 1/2 valves, Blazer interior, 17" Eagles w/BFGs, phantom grill, 140 amp alt

I can get the complete harness out of my buddies car, but thx for the offer, do they sell a kit or would I have 2 fabricate one?

You can use the the S-10 v8 conversion mounts and headers that are available. I don't remember where the transmission mount ends up, but I'm pretty sure you have to modify the transmission crossmember to line up with the T56 mount.

ok so I guess the real question is can I use my current v8 swap kit, which is on my 82 305? and can I use the clutch peddle assembly out of the car?

motor mounts and headers.. most likely.... pedal assembly out of the car... no way... you will have to get a pedal assembly from an s-10... its a pita to swap since the dash has to come out... you should also be able to use the clutch master cylinder from an s10 as well...
    '50 Chevy Styleline... aka Voodoo Sled... 4dr to become a 2dr... choptop to come... 5.3/4l60e to come... bagged and laid out to come...
    Build Thread

'88 Blazer... Dropped 6in.. suicide hood... suicide doors... handmade one-off phantom grill... shaved bumper... shaved cowl... shaved doorhandles... frenched license plate... 350/TH350....My Blaz Page Check out my Suicide Hood How-to Suicide Hood Pics

Yes, you can use the same v8 swap headers and motor mounts that are on your 305 for the LT1, that's the kind of stuff I was meaning in my last post. I'm using headers made for a regular sbc 350 on my LT1. My motors are hand-made though because it's in my Mazda, not an S-10.

streetissuecustoms.com low_blazer's Avatar
    Yup...you can use regular s-10 swap stuff....Forklift has the swap header I sold him a while back, and is using regular s10 swap mounts...
    Doug
    '85 Blazer...bagged, small-blocked, back-halfed and body dropped
    http://streetissuecustoms.com/salesban_3.jpg
    Street Issue Customs

For all your custom fiberglass, interior or stereo needs... Epicenter Designs

Originally posted by S/T Lover
    That post would have made more sense if you would have just pissed all over the screen and posted a screen shot of that.

ok thx guys, go u kno how far back I will have 2 move the trans x-member?

Make sure you get the all the engine harness and dont cut the wiring/connectors that run into the camaro firewall. I bought mine already pulled from a camaro and they cut the harness making alot of hours tracing wires...
    I used the stock manifolds and they just do clear the steering shaft.

Here is a pic.

well I have further changed my plans and I'm doing a 396 lt1 and t56 swap in both my blazer and my s10, so who has detailed pics and notes on swappin an lt1 in a 2nd gen blazer, cuz like I said I scrapped the ls swap cuz with doin the 396 I can eat up any mildly modded ls motor, the only one that's gunna change that is the infamous LSx
    Last edited by tunerman20; 02-22-2011 at 08:18 PM.