Thread: Mufflers

Mufflers

I'm doing a basic V8 Conversion and I'm getting close to having my dual exhaust done, I plan on buying the Flowmaster 40 series mufflers. I was wondering for the mufflers what Offset works best for the 93 2wd 2dr blazer?
    I would like to purchase these before I take it to the Custom exhaust garage.
    Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you

Just about any really, there's nothing in the way. You realize with 40s under a 2 dr Blazer you won't be able to hear yourself think right??

Quote Originally Posted by Myself View Post
    Just about any really, there's nothing in the way. You realize with 40s under a 2 dr Blazer you won't be able to hear yourself think right??
    Really? I have 2 40 series under my single cab Mazda, and it's not that loud inside the cab...

As long as they don't dump under the body somewhere he should be ok.

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    if you are taking it somewhere to get the exhaust built, get whatever. center in center out is always good. But like air sic said, the trick to a exhaust you can stand, is to have full pipes. Turn downs make the horrible droan and resonance that sucks

The thing is, the Blazer body goes all the way to a tailgate, unlike a truck. Also the fuel tank is in the rear. The only place to run duals out behind the wheels is in between the frame and leaf spring. If you are lowered very much it's pretty difficult to get it through there. It CAN be done cause that's how mine used to be, but they charged me an extra $50 to do it. On the other hand dumping in front of the axle or out in front of the wheels is a piece of cake but the loud drone at cruise RPM gets old in a hurry. I would go with the 50 series or maybe the super 40. Maybe even something like the Thrush chambered muffler.