Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fuel line help needed

fuel line help needed

im doing a v-8 swap on my 94 and im trying to figure out a safe way to run my fuel line.does anyone have any ideas on how to run it?

......down the frame rail or inside it?:confused:

Banned
    where at?

leave the stock setup.

I assume you're doing a carb swap? Buy this regulator :

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HL...5&autoview=sku

then route the lines in the engine bay using common sense.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

ive already pulled the pump and swapped to a mechanical pump, and i know im gonna run it down the left frame rail but idk where to cross over at because everyone ive talked to has said not to go over the transmission.

Need some more info on the motor setup, and then we can give you some better (non-smartass) help

The factory runs fuel lines over the transmission

Just run it up the left frame rail, into tthe engine bay, across the fire wall, to the pump or carb.......like superbee said
    Last edited by blazin4low; 02-13-2011 at 02:47 PM.
    http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/VortecBlazer/sidredo.jpg
    Tuned by Bland Tuning
    Transmission built by Transbuilderguy on FSC!
    Marine Intake swap by me

Banned
    ughhh you took out a far superior fuel system :facepalm:

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

its just a 4.3 to stock 350 v8 swap with a five speed trans i used engine mounts i ordered from summit as for the fuel line as of right now the fuel line is got a bunch of sections cut out of it and rubber hose here and there so i want to get all back like it needs to be.but like i said everone has been flipping out when i said i was going to go metal line from the tank to filter then metal to the pump but go over the trans (everyone is afraid of the driveshaft snapping or something) ad i figured id at least get some other ideas before i went to work on it today

.....i am so confused..... how would your driveshaft snap..... :huh:

I dont know...I'm working with a bunch of morons but it was my first swap and they said they knew what they were doing so I thought by getting them to help I would cut out alot of research and time .my bad

Quote Originally Posted by Turner View Post
    .....i am so confused..... how would your driveshaft snap..... :huh:
    AGREED!!!
    :confused:
    Drop,Drag,TuKnDuCeS

350 swap.....we got that......carb, trottle body, MPFI???

And the stock fuel lines are metal with sections of rubber hose for flexing

If you go carb or TB you can leave your entire fuel system how it is stock with an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator

MPFI needs a high pressure fuel pump and the rubber sections of line need to be replaced with higher pressure fuel line
    http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/VortecBlazer/sidredo.jpg
    Tuned by Bland Tuning
    Transmission built by Transbuilderguy on FSC!
    Marine Intake swap by me

its gota carb

But here's the problem the guy I had working on it took the pump out of the tank and ran a bunch of metal line and rubber line put together with hose clamps (none of which were tight noire secure) so now I'm trying to go back and take most of the rubber sections back out and secure everything.but on top of all of that when he did what he did he ran it in the way of the exhaust and right up next to the header

And his reasoning behind the pump idea was that a electric pump put out to much fuel pressure for the carb so he pulled the pump out and put a mechanical pump on the engine.

And trust me this is only the first of his dumb mistakes that I have found and had to fix

Banned
    that sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Superbee View Post
    that sucks.
    x2, that is why im the ONLY person that touches my vehicles......maybe i should get his number to help on my 6.0 swap......:rofl::roll:

not for nothing...hope i dont get anybody mad... i once did a 305 swap for this guy who wanted one in his 89 s-10 blazer...i found out from my buddy that he fancied himself as a "tinkerer" and then liked to blame the problems he caused on whoever worked on his car last.. so i did the same thing, i swapped the fuel pickup from a blazer to a 79 buick century pickup (they pretty much all fit, the opening in the top of the tank is pretty much universal). i did however run all new metal line from the tank to the passenger side frame rail up front (and properly secured it with metal clamps-the ones that have the rubber insulators in them to avoid chafing and breaking the line). did the rest of the swap and have had no problems with it still... it's just that some folks work on other peoples cars and just dont care..that's where the problems come in.. but do remember on a blazer fuel pump pressure is around 57-65 psi if im right(dont quote me) which is way too high for a carbed motor( they usually will rum with 7 to 9 psi) so in a way he was right, just went the wrong way about handling the problem..
    Last edited by ON-D-FLOOR; 02-14-2011 at 12:57 PM.
    ON D FLOOR- the best way to be!!!:cool: