Thread: 22s up front 24s out back!

The Louder, The Better Nvr2Loud's Avatar

22s up front 24s out back!

ok so im working up pics but this past weekend, i test fitted 22 in front and rear on my blazer and 24's in the rear.

Im running a static 3.5 front 3 rear (love the raked look, but will sit level when the audio goes back in).. running spindles and zq8 coils up front on stock bilsteins, 3" blocks in the rear with stock bilteins. All bump stops and bump stop brackets removed, and upper control arms trimmed for the belltech spindles... have not dehumped my control arms yet... :P

wheels and tires in use where:

22x9.5 +18mm offset with 265/35/22 tires.
    Front, PERFECT FIT except, without a little trim to my lower xtreme side skirt it did touch a little in mid turn. other then that, no clearance problems other then the expected rub at full turn.. hell.. its a 9.5" wide 22" tall rim people.. what do you expect?? LOL!

in the rear, i couldnt have asked for a better fit.. now mind you, again, ive only done blocks and removed bump stops and brackets in the rear...

The Big boys: 22x10 +18mm offset with 295/35/24 tires...
    Well uhmm.. ya.. that didnt get on the vehicle.. LOL! the tire was too big to clear the xtreme body parts. Now, if i was running a ls/lt body it would have been fine... granted i didnt get to check inner clearance due to the tire not fitting through the whole..

So, Im going to get 275/30/24's for the rear and maybe 255/30/22 for the fronts and see how they fit. I havent started cutting my fender wells out just yet cause i wanna see if its even possible to run it first. Pics coming soon, i promise :)
    2000 Blazer Xtreme Conversion:bowdown:
    2 Memphis Mojo 12's on 2000w RMS:bowdown:
    SHAVED EVERYTHING:bowdown:

If its "too loud" or "too low", I don't know you.

A 255 30 22 should eliminate your rub on the side skirt. Check into a 275 25 24 for the rear. Over all diameter of the 255 30 22 is 28.02 it's 10.03 inches wide and sidewall height is 3.01 A 275 25 24 is 29.41 overall diameter and tire is 10.82 wide sidewall of 2.70 I don't know if this will help you out but I have thought about jumping to a 24 with that size tire
    Drop,Drag,TuKnDuCeS

the only thing i worry about with a 25 series tire, is findin someone around here i can trust to stretch that bitch over the rim HAHA! thats one STIFF ass tire to stretch and if not done right, their gonna end up taco'ing my rim..

basically, i found someone with a set of 22's and 24's with one bad 24" tire, and a slight dimple in the rim.. wants to trade me for my 20's.. was gonna have the wheels checked for trueness then see how much it would be to have the slight bend in the rim backside lip taken out. the wheels are black chrome, but im thinkin about doin them satin black considering im blacking out everything on my truck..

Pics comin up in one sec, just got them all loaded up

Sweet!! Good luck man.. Post some pics if U get em...
    Drop,Drag,TuKnDuCeS

22's Up front on the ground

Vamos Mantequilla!!! ProfessorKaos's Avatar

'93 bodied Std. Cab....Classick
    Midwestminis.net <- Go There!

ya but theres a big difference between mine and his.. I have the Xtreme kit on mine, he doesnt, that adds about an inch all the way around the wheel wells..
    and its bagged :) which i wanna do but dam, i dont have 3g's to drop.. got a kid on the way.. wish i woulda just saved and did that from the beginning instead of doing all the small shit first :(