Thread: Takin off my passenger side air vent

My chick hates my truck.. McLaughlin0460's Avatar

Takin off my passenger side air vent

So i took my dash off around the gauges and sanded it down n painted it (poor mans fiberglass dash) and the same with the panels on the doors where the window and lock switches are, but i cant get the damn passenger air vent out I messed with it about a year ago and just said fuck it:mad:.. i took a lil bolt off the back by goin threw the glove compartment and thought it would just slide right out but nothing when i yank on it the damn thing feels like its gunna break.. any suggestions???:confused: prolli the simplest thing... Thanks..

It's a 2003 chevy blazer...

Vamos Mantequilla!!! ProfessorKaos's Avatar

The part with the red square should pop right out. But I'm assuming you want the part with the open/close adjuster, I don't know how that comes out.

'93 bodied Std. Cab....Classick
    Midwestminis.net <- Go There!

Yea i can get the actual vent out i'm trying to get the piece that holds the vent to slide out..when i took the vent out it looked like there was two tabs so i pulled those up too and still wont slide out.. damn thing

i used a flat head screwdriver to remove that thing but i ended up breaking one of my lil tab thing but i said fuck it still snapps in and whatnot
    blazinfire101:evil:

I was trying to pry it out with two flat heads but just felt like it was gunna snap so guess thats what i'm gunna have to do, fuck it, thanks man appreciate it

the only way to do it right is remove the air bag or drop the dash, some have snapped the tabs with a screwdriver then glue it back in, it had 7mm screws on the back side, i had my dash out so i did mine or they would be still stock lol